Jul 15, 2018, 03:30 PM
Bring it Down!!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

LBLA S5 FPV Drone with Wifi Camera - review

I got to review this little gem from LBLA and I gotta tell you, I was skeptical at first, but I soon changed my mind after I got it in the air! Check out my review, and see what you think!

Product link :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077B...op_mb_pd_title

Review of :
LBLA FPV Drone with Wifi Camera Live Video Headless Mode 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RTF RC Quadcopter, Compatible with 3D VR Headset

By : Thom Flightcrazed Daniels
July 15, 2018

Brand name: LBLA
Item name: S5 Drone

Transmitter: 2.4GHz Wireless Transmitter
Control distance: 50 meters
Dimensions: 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.7 in
Quadcopter weight: 4.5 oz
Battery : 3.7V 550mAh
Battery for controller: 4 "AA" required
Flight Time: 6-8 minutes
Charging Time: Approx. 120 minutes
Control Method: Remote controlled or APP controlled

What's in the box :
1 x Quadcopter with camera
1 x 2.4G Remote controller ( batteries not ncluded)
1 x 3.7V 550mAh battery
2 x Additional rotator blades
4 x Blade guards
1 x Phone holder
1 x USB charging cable
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual

Assembly :
The first thing you'll want to do is charge the battery. Plug the USB cable into any standard USB port, and plug the battery in. The light should come on, indicating the battery is charging. It goes off when the battery is charged. The assembly is pretty easy and straight forward, same screws for the prop guards as the landing gear. Everything else is already together.

The app :
I have an Android phone, LG V30, so I went to the Google play store and downloaded the BJ-UFO app.

Setting up for flight :
Once the battery is charged, install it back in the compartment, turn the switch on, and set it down. Go to the WiFi settings in your phone and connect to the one that says BJ - UFO, or something like that. Then start the app, hit play, and you should have the camera view on your smart screen. Now turn the transmitter on, move the throttle stuck all the way up, then all the way down, and back to center. The lights should go solid, and your ready to take off.

Flight :
Hit the take off/ land button and the quad rises into the air. There are 3 different speed modes, for what ever skill level you're at, push the 3d flip button on the top right of the control and push the right transmitter stick in the direction you want the quad to do a flip. Headless mode makes things easier for a beginner, if you lose orientation, hit the button on the top left of the transmitter to activate headless mode. Now no matter what way the quad is facing, pull the stick back toward you, and the quad will come toward you.

Video review :
Here is a link to my YouTube video review, with some flight footage.
LBLA S5 drone review (6 min 14 sec)

Conclusion :
I am very impressed with this quad for the $49.99 price tag on Amazon prime. For some one wanting to see if quads might be their thing, it's a no brainier, or even someone wanting something to fly around their yard. I did not crash it, nor did I test the plastic to see how solid it is, I'm sure in a bad crash there will be damage, however that happens with carbon fiber too. It was made to fly, and it does that quite well! I will be letting others fly it, and I will be having fun with it in the future as well.

Reviewed by : Thom "Flightcrazed" Daniels
Last edited by FlightCrazed; Jul 16, 2018 at 08:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2018, 08:47 PM
April W.
Great review for the drone. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 19, 2018, 07:16 AM
Bring it Down!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Wu
Great review for the drone. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Quite a fun drone for the price, just came in from flying it some more!

Quick Reply