Jul 14, 2018, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Careful!

Short in ESC 30A Causes Crash

I spent several days setting up my new Roc-Hobby V-tail and worked at making all the adjustments. Took it out to fly and noticed the ESC30A Predator reset when I put the battery into the battery compartment. Figured the EC3 connector needed to be pushed in further so I pressed the connector together and took the plane up. This happened two different times with the ESC resetting. On the third flight(trip out), I had a complete loss of signal and she nosed into the ground from about 15 feet and crashed. After patching the plane I found a short on the ESC30A side at the positive lead. Cost me repairs and a damaged fuselage...not happy.
Last edited by flapglide; Jul 14, 2018 at 07:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply