Jul 13, 2018, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New 4S lipo Pack show one cell at 0 voltage

Guys, I know this is the place to come when it is for LIPO information. I've heard of batteries coming with one cell very low, but this pack shows one of the 4 cells at 0 voltage. I just received it in the mail today and put it on my battery checker, Cells read 3.7 - 3.65 - 0 - 3.7.
Is there anything that I can do?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2018, 09:24 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
3 options.
get a refund
get a replacement.
perform surgery and make it a 3 cell. (very dangerous procedure, but safe when complete)
Jul 13, 2018, 10:02 PM
Space Coast USA
First, measure the voltage at the mains.
It is ?
If it's not 11.05V, the cell checker measurements are in error. Please use a DMM if you have one.

Those cell voltages are low in my book even with the new shipping regulations, but first verify the mains and if you can. the cell voltages with a DMM.
Last edited by hoppy; Jul 13, 2018 at 10:07 PM.
Jul 13, 2018, 10:04 PM
Thread OP
I like the first two options...get a refund and get a replacement. Hopefully that can be done all at one time and from the same place.
Jul 13, 2018, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
First, measure the voltage at the mains.
It is ?
If it's not 11.05V, the cell checker measurements are in error. Please use a DMM if you have one.

Those cell voltages are low in my book even with the new shipping regulations, but first verify the mains and if you can. the cell voltages with a DMM.
Here is a picture of what I got on my tester. My charger also defaults to an error when I attempt to storage charge. The total voltage is for only 3 of the batteries, so those three avg. at 3.9 volts each. If you look closely, enlarge the picture, you'll see it is cell #3 that shows 0 voltage.
Jul 14, 2018, 03:26 PM
Get a replacement or refund. Assuming you're measurements are correct, there's no sense doing anything else with a brand-new battery. I had a similar problem recently with an HK 4-cell pack (one cell at 0-point-something volts); I sent them a picture of my meter reading and they replaced it without question.
Jul 14, 2018, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
I've contacted the seller and he as asked me for a video of the bad battery. Now I could make a comment about videoing a battery sitting on a table, not working, but I won't I sent him the same pictures that I have posted above. I'll let you guys know how this works out.
Jul 14, 2018, 06:21 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
just send a really fast slideshow of 1000 copies of the same pic. = video.
Jul 14, 2018, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Krum
I've contacted the seller and he as asked me for a video of the bad battery. Now I could make a comment about videoing a battery sitting on a table, not working, but I won't I sent him the same pictures that I have posted above. I'll let you guys know how this works out.
No, send him a copy of the picture of the battery hooked up to the meter as in the picture you posted here. A 4S battery reading 11 volts along with your list of the individual voltages of each cell should be all the proof they need.
My guess is that they'll send you a new batt and just tell you to throw the old one away.
Jul 14, 2018, 10:12 PM
Space Coast USA
Measure the voltage at the mains to eliminate the cell checker as the problem.
Jul 15, 2018, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
I'm not into fixing new batteries, so if any part of it's broke, I ain't fixing it. I will check across the main wires to see what the voltage is, but with the probable broken or disconnected lead in the balance plug, I don't want to have to go into a brand new battery and have to fix anything.
I did, in fact, send them the same pictures that I posted above. It's the weekend, I hope I hear back from them come Monday. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Jul 15, 2018, 08:20 PM
I would be very surprised if a cell had absolutely no voltage at all, though I guess it's possible.
Jul 16, 2018, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Sorry for the troubles caused to you .And very sorry for the defect product.

Pls believe that all of our items will be tested before sending out .But there may be a little mistake.

So for this issue,
1)How about we refund you USD 15 as compensation?
And could you kindly repair it ?

You know as the seller,we lost both of item and money.we ship the item to you we have paid the shipping fee,we will suffer the loss,and also the eBay transaction fee.

And return it back may takes you more money and more time.

Above is the response I got from the supplier of my defective battery, I won't identify that supplier yet because hopefully this can be resolved. My reply was basically that I am not in the business of negotiating the cost of a defective product, nor do I possess the expertise to repair a defective battery pack. I also don't know how I could possibly repair a bad cell. So I suggested they send me a new battery pack or refund the full price of the battery. Let you know how this works out. Meanwhile, I need another battery. Frustrating to have to deal with this, but, that's the chance we take when dealing with this type of source.
Jul 16, 2018, 01:20 PM
Space Coast USA
What is the voltage at the mains?
Jul 16, 2018, 01:35 PM
I have had this happen to me more then once, if you bought from ebay or amazon do not give in, next he will ask you not to give a neg mark, demand a refund or go back to your pp or and cc company, these over seas venders do this all the time trying to get out of refunds

Quick Reply