at Flite Fest Ohio 2018

Name: ft night radian.jpg
Views: 203
Size: 40.7 KB
Description:
photo credit:Wayne Griffith Photography LLC
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2018, 12:38 PM
They are addressable RGB LED's like the ones used on multirotors. I want to say they ARE the same and use the same protocol, but I dont know that for a fact. If that is the case though, you can probably wire it to a cheap flight controller or WS2812 driver board to make your own custom patterns, etc.
The left wing, right wing, and fuse led strip signals are wired in parallel so you cant have a pattern/color on one wing that is different than the other. You could probably get separate LED controllers to control each sides pattern/color individually.
Jul 17, 2018, 08:17 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Those look cheap...but what do I expect?!?!...lol
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jul 19, 2018, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez
They are addressable RGB LED's like the ones used on multirotors. I want to say they ARE the same and use the same protocol, but I dont know that for a fact. If that is the case though, you can probably wire it to a cheap flight controller or WS2812 driver board to make your own custom patterns, etc.
The left wing, right wing, and fuse led strip signals are wired in parallel so you cant have a pattern/color on one wing that is different than the other. You could probably get separate LED controllers to control each sides pattern/color individually.
Thanks!

Sure it will do fine anyway.

Tommy
Jul 22, 2018, 11:04 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeInspector
Attachment 11091198
photo credit:Wayne Griffith Photography LLC
That looks like it belongs in a Pride Parade......
Jul 23, 2018, 07:45 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Kinda like the acronym GBL...
😉
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jul 23, 2018, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Nothing wrong with a Pride Parade! To each their own!!
Jul 23, 2018, 08:48 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Kinda like the acronym GBL...
😉
HAHAHA! Yep, but if you can read you'd connect the dots the the L stands for Lynden and the GB stands for GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana Karl
Nothing wrong with a Pride Parade! To each their own!!
Agreed, but I don't want my plane to look like that.
Jul 24, 2018, 02:39 AM
When pigs fly rc
Any video
Jul 24, 2018, 04:58 PM
So far it looks like a good old Radian with a DIY light setup could come out much nicer. The LEDs seem too far apart and if color option is not readily available, this could turn out more of a hassle than a RTF solution.
Jul 24, 2018, 05:24 PM
Totally Twisted
I’ve lit up a couple Radians over the years. DIY is cool because you can be creative. And it’s easy. There are a few of us that fly lit Radians at SEFF and they are all unique and they look great in the sky together. I think you can see my trails in Matt Gunn’s photo
Jul 24, 2018, 05:29 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoras_h
So far it looks like a good old Radian with a DIY light setup could come out much nicer. The LEDs seem too far apart and if color option is not readily available, this could turn out more of a hassle than a RTF solution.
This is what I was thinking. The Flite Test guys made what the HH had in mind originally more complicated than it needed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
I’ve lit up a couple Radians over the years. DIY is cool because you can be creative. And it’s easy. There are a few of us that fly lit Radians at SEFF and they are all unique and they look great in the sky together. I think you can see my trails in Matt Gunn’s photo
Did you set your lights into the wings or just on the outside?

GB
Jul 24, 2018, 05:51 PM
Totally Twisted
Hey GB, On the wings and bottom of the fuse I faced the LED into the foam and covered with packing tape. It illuminates the foam nicely. White, green and blue work best like this. Yellow or red don’t really glow as well. The rest faced outward, traditional red and green on the tips, and a bunch of blue in the nose. I used an old water bottle for a canopy so the light can shine through. If you scuff the inside of the bottle with sandpaper until translucent, it really grabs the light.
Jul 25, 2018, 01:58 AM
I review RC Products
Very cool! Which light kit/kits did you use?
Jul 25, 2018, 05:55 AM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Very cool! Which light kit/kits did you use?
Nothing special, just a bunch of random strips.

Quick Reply