E-flite Night Radian FT 2.0m BNF

Horizon just released a new version called the Night Radian FT and as you can probably guess, this one is made to play day or night.

Splash

New Radian Electric Sailplane

The Radian has a huge fan base with several versions and sizes on the market. Horizon just released a new version called the Night Radian FT and as you can probably guess, this one is made to play day or night. This new version features several upgrades over the previous 2M model including a programmable LED lighting system, a fully molded tail and an AS3X receiver with optional-use SAFE Select technology.

The FT stands for Flite Test as E-flite teamed up with the FT crew to finalize its design including the FT trim scheme. You can run the Night Radian on 3S 1350-2200mAH lipo batteries and the 30A ESC has a brake function to stop the prop allowing it to fold back for less drag while you search for thermals. It's nice to see some updates to popular planes like this to keep them current. The Night Radian comes in a BNF version for $199 or a PNF version for $179. Both are available for pre-order now with shipments scheduled to arrive in late September.

Check out the E-flite Night Radian FT 2.0m BNF

Jul 13, 2018, 09:57 AM
Nice!
My first thought was "Where will I find thermals at night?" Doh!!! slope soaring is the answer to finding free lift, even when the sun is out of order (Night)…

Slopes also work well all year around.
Like in late September (when I have my birthday and this one is supposed to be released), btw isnīt it a bit stupid to release a thermal soarer in the autumn, spring would be better for sales?

One question, can you program the lights to be a fixed Green at the starboard side and Red at the port side, and lets say yellow/white on the tail?

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Jul 13, 2018 at 10:10 AM.
Jul 13, 2018, 12:29 PM
DW Productions
This looks awesome! And in partnership with Flite Test, how cool is that. I like the idea of a big glider for night flying. And it makes perfect sense for a Fall release for those of us lucky enough to live down south. Ordering mine now. In the mean time I'll be praying Eflite updates the screw on wings and super tiny screws.
Jul 13, 2018, 12:34 PM
Rabid Rabbit
I'm glad they made PNP an option. This is one plane that really does not need AS3X , SAFE or SAFE Select.
The lights will add a new element but are just a gimmick.
Jul 13, 2018, 01:23 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
I'm glad they made PNP an option. This is one plane that really does not need AS3X , SAFE or SAFE Select.
The low price difference makes buying the BnF a good option. Pull the AR636 for a power ship and drop in an AR400.
Jul 13, 2018, 06:11 PM
DW Productions
BnF for me. I can't wait to get up high in the dark skies, flick on my little SAFE button and just work it slowly down with no worries or cares. I don't need SAFE, but I have fun with it on certain occasions.
Jul 13, 2018, 08:37 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
Night flying is no gimmick.

Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jul 13, 2018, 09:19 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn

Amen.
Jul 14, 2018, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn

That photo is awesome. Is that one exposure or some editing magic?
Jul 14, 2018, 08:11 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
9 minute exposure if I recall.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jul 14, 2018, 02:56 PM
I review RC Products
I love night flying and this plane is an awesome new tool!
Jul 15, 2018, 11:34 AM
New at this whole life thing
I think some of the new FAA rules under consideration restrict night flight. I may be wrong, and I know the proposed rules are very fluid at this point, but it is something to keep informed on.
Jul 15, 2018, 04:21 PM
I review RC Products
Being able to fly deeper into dusk and see it better during the day as well would still make a plane like this worth it for me.
Jul 16, 2018, 02:07 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
are these LED's really cheap lighting?
or great quality like TrueRC 's LED's or Strobons LED's?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jul 16, 2018, 04:32 PM
I review RC Products
I want to know the answer to that too.

Quick Reply