Thread Tools
Jul 23, 2018, 12:15 PM
Master Destroyer of foam
Fishbonez5670's Avatar
No rudder, No FPV. 3s is a nice touch however they had a chance to make an awesome mini Stryker and they went short. Ill pass.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2018, 06:18 PM
Lifetime Member
JohnM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbonez5670
No rudder, No FPV. 3s is a nice touch however they had a chance to make an awesome mini Stryker and they went short. Ill pass.
It is a smaller version of the E-flite F-27 Evolution which also has no rudders.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...olution-Review
Aug 22, 2018, 04:05 PM
Registered User
Just picked one up today from the LHS. They only had 1 batt in stock though .
Aug 22, 2018, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Just got mine wow it is small. Not much room for different battery options.
Aug 23, 2018, 10:13 PM
Registered User
SystemsGuy's Avatar
Mine turned up today as well. Not sure what I'm going to do battery wise, it's damned tight..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash and fix
Just got mine wow it is small. Not much room for different battery options.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Aug 23, 2018, 10:25 PM
Registered Abuser
If someone doesn't mind, could you post a pic of the battery compartment and maybe get an approximate width measurement? Or is the compartment identical to the original one? I have an original one for size if it's the same.
Aug 23, 2018, 11:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
If someone doesn't mind, could you post a pic of the battery compartment and maybe get an approximate width measurement? Or is the compartment identical to the original one? I have an original one for size if it's the same.
Itís a little longer than all the other umx f27s, Iíll try post a pic tomorrow.
Aug 24, 2018, 12:27 AM
Registered User
SystemsGuy's Avatar
Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
If someone doesn't mind, could you post a pic of the battery compartment and maybe get an approximate width measurement? Or is the compartment identical to the original one? I have an original one for size if it's the same.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Aug 24, 2018, 12:39 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Here ya go.
Thanks for the pics and measurements! I have some 250mah 3s batteries that are about 19mm wide at their widest point which is only for a small part near the end of the battery. It looks like they may fit in their pretty good.
Aug 24, 2018, 06:37 AM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Here ya go.
SG,

Many thanks for that!

Roger
Aug 25, 2018, 09:55 PM
Registered User
I flew my first two flights today. It fly's surprising well slow, but thatís not why we bought this thing. Itís tiny and itís a rocket ship, in a two count it is so far away I had trouble seeing it. I had 4 or 5 oh shits when I wasnít sure if I was bring it back to me or going farther out. Tomorrow I will try with safe off and maybe put some fluorescent orange on it to see if that helps with orientation. Holding it in my hand the paint scheme seemed awesome, but far out on a partially cloudy day not so good.
Aug 25, 2018, 11:22 PM
Registered User
SystemsGuy's Avatar
I had the same problem with the full size - and it's gone in a second. :P Are you flying the eflite batteries?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash and fix
I flew my first two flights today. It fly's surprising well slow, but thatís not why we bought this thing. Itís tiny and itís a rocket ship, in a two count it is so far away I had trouble seeing it. I had 4 or 5 oh shits when I wasnít sure if I was bring it back to me or going farther out. Tomorrow I will try with safe off and maybe put some fluorescent orange on it to see if that helps with orientation. Holding it in my hand the paint scheme seemed awesome, but far out on a partially cloudy day not so good.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Aug 25, 2018, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Flew mine today, I’ve had all the previous umx Strykers and this one with 3s is just awesome. It a very noticeable bump in speed.
Aug 26, 2018, 12:06 AM
Registered Abuser
What batteries is everyone using?
Aug 26, 2018, 08:06 AM
Registered User
Yes I ordered one e-flight battery with the plane. I should have ordered a couple more because right now I think that’s the only one available that will fit. There is no room for anything that isn’t the exact same size.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News E-flite F-27 Evolution Matt Gunn Flying Wings 1837 Sep 12, 2019 01:32 PM
New Product NEW - E-flite UMX F-27 Evolution Diezel Micro Ready-to-Fly 14 Jan 22, 2019 02:09 PM
New Product UMX F-27 Evolution BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select Micubano Flying Wings 11 Dec 22, 2018 02:26 PM
New Product E-Flite F-27 Evolution JamesonC Flying Wings 75 Oct 12, 2018 08:10 AM
Question E-flite UMX f-16 or UMX habu bnf ignaciolch Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Sep 24, 2015 07:49 PM