Thread Tools
Aug 17, 2019, 10:01 AM
AutoPilot .
You get rubber nose cone on the cheap bangood jet like chuck glider.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 09:32 AM
Registered Abuser
Yay
Aug 26, 2019, 04:16 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Starboard servo had been the 'problem child' for many months...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=485
Needed DeoxIT often.

A few days back, the same servo died.
Still had five other planes with me so it was ok.
Went for a week leaving her home.
Started missing my little UMX speed machine.
Spent an hour the other day getting a new servo installed.
Looked like it was going to be a pain but the job went smoothly.
Majority of time was spent removing the old servo.
Long needle nose pliers helped greatly pushing the new servo connector through the foam joints.

Flew her a bunch on Sat and this morning.
New servo is awesome.
Flight performance is spectacular!
Very excited to have her back in my UMX fleet!

Roger
Aug 26, 2019, 04:27 PM
Registered Abuser
I lost a servo cover off mine. Idk if I want to spend that much money on a new set or run it without since the covers are open anyway and my landings are usually slow and soft on very short (1/2") grass.
Aug 28, 2019, 06:10 PM
FireHawx
FireHawx's Avatar
Just use a plastic spoon. Cut the spoon off the handle and heat it to the shape you need and attach with hot glue.. done..
Aug 29, 2019, 04:53 PM
Registered User
I've got one of these that I've been flying for weeks now and love it. I have a question though, is there any way to completely disable the "safe" on this thing? It's useless and every once in a while, I hit the switch when grabbing the transmitter after a launch, making for quite the annoyance lol. On my UMX Mig and Timber, you can disable the safe by putting both sticks to their lower outer corners and flipping the safe switch 5 times. This isn't mentioned in the F27 manual and I figured with my luck, if I tried it and it doesn't work, I'd brick the thing lol. Thanks in advance.
Joe
Aug 29, 2019, 04:59 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi
I've got one of these that I've been flying for weeks now and love it. I have a question though, is there any way to completely disable the "safe" on this thing? It's useless and every once in a while, I hit the switch when grabbing the transmitter after a launch, making for quite the annoyance lol. On my UMX Mig and Timber, you can disable the safe by putting both sticks to their lower outer corners and flipping the safe switch 5 times. This isn't mentioned in the F27 manual and I figured with my luck, if I tried it and it doesn't work, I'd brick the thing lol. Thanks in advance.
Joe
Idk if SAFE can be disabled or not, but if not then maybe you can program the switch to give the same value in either position so youíll always have SAFE off even if you bump the switch. Iím not a Spektrum guy if thatís the radio you have, but another possibility could be to move SAFE to a momentary switch.
Aug 29, 2019, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Idk if SAFE can be disabled or not, but if not then maybe you can program the switch to give the same value in either position so youíll always have SAFE off even if you bump the switch. Iím not a Spektrum guy if thatís the radio you have, but another possibility could be to move SAFE to a momentary switch.
I was thinking of that, just setting all positions of the switch the same if I can't disable it in the plane itself. Thanks!
Aug 29, 2019, 05:25 PM
Registered User
Mine doesn't have SAFE enabled, just AS3X. I think I read in another manual that it depends how you bind it, but I've never done SAFE binding so I can't say how it works.
Aug 29, 2019, 05:29 PM
Registered User
Just leave the 3 position switch in AS3X mode. Position 3. Position 1 and 2 are Safe modes. My opinion is it launches so smoothly in safe mode. I had some ugly launches using just As3x. I do believe the three modes are hardcoded in the board and no way to change it, unless a programming cable is used.
Aug 29, 2019, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40
Just leave the 3 position switch in AS3X mode. Position 3. Position 1 and 2 are Safe modes. My opinion is it launches so smoothly in safe mode. I had some ugly launches using just As3x. I do believe the three modes are hardcoded in the board and no way to change it, unless a programming cable is used.
I find it cake to launch and fly in AS3X? I tried my first few launches in SAFE and absolutely hated how mushy it was and how wide of a turn it would make. Fly in AS3X all the time now, take off to landing. Such a smooth flying little plane.

Anyway, I set all 3 positions of the switch to -100 and now it stays in AS3X regardless of switch position
Sep 08, 2019, 01:33 PM
Registered User
Ok. Well anybody ever have one of these things lose all power and come in? It's been an amazing little plane for several flights, then today as I was flying, the motor died and I lost all control of it. I glided almost all the way in and then corkscrewed in, popped a servo loose and broke the nose off . I was bummed. Of course, the battery ejected in the crash. Plugged it back in and all is working as it should BUT I noticed when I throttle it up, it seems to surge. I tried several batteries and it does it with all of them. A friend jokingly said "you have a cylinder 6 misfire" lol, that's how noticeable it is. I've glued the nose back on but I'm afraid to try it again. Anybody else encounter this? I may call Horizon tomorrow and see if they'll take it in to check out before trying it again.
Sep 08, 2019, 02:25 PM
Registered User
All motor wires connected?
Sep 08, 2019, 02:41 PM
Registered User
Yup. Everything is connected, all works and I took it for a quick test spin a little bit ago. It surges when it is held stationary and on initial toss when I go full throttle, don't hear it after that but it wasn't doing it before. Thinking maybe an esc issue. Ugh. Don't know if it's related to it dying or not but never did either before.
Sep 08, 2019, 10:57 PM
Registered User
Some boards including mine have range issues. I think that is why the Rx was discontinued. My motor bell turned akwardly after the brown out crash, and swapped it for a spare I had.
Last edited by Jasen40; Sep 09, 2019 at 11:03 AM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News E-flite F-27 Evolution Matt Gunn Flying Wings 1837 Sep 12, 2019 01:32 PM
New Product NEW - E-flite UMX F-27 Evolution Diezel Micro Ready-to-Fly 14 Jan 22, 2019 02:09 PM
New Product UMX F-27 Evolution BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select Micubano Flying Wings 11 Dec 22, 2018 02:26 PM
New Product E-Flite F-27 Evolution JamesonC Flying Wings 75 Oct 12, 2018 08:10 AM
Question E-flite UMX f-16 or UMX habu bnf ignaciolch Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Sep 24, 2015 07:49 PM