Jul 21, 2019, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
oO,

Love huge loops!
Love vertical aileron rolls until she is almost out of sight!
Never had a range issue.
Typical telemetry check at the end of flight is 3-4 Fades, 0 Holds.

Roger
I never think to check the telemetry at the end of the flight, I'll have to remember to do that. I just recently started using my Spektrum radio for these little planes and before that I didn't have telemetry when using my Taranis.

It's been windy here these past couple of weeks so I've been flying mine a lot lately because of how amazingly well this little rascal handles it!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2019, 10:38 AM
Has anyone ever put a small cube camera like the sq12 on the Evo? I think it'd be cool to show how fast it climbs and its agility, but the cam feels as heavy as the plane
Jul 24, 2019, 12:06 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Has anyone ever put a small cube camera like the sq12 on the Evo? I think it'd be cool to show how fast it climbs and its agility, but the cam feels as heavy as the plane
Iím flying mine FPV using F-27 FPV 2s nose cam. Itís not the best cam, but I got kind of used to it.
Rob
Aug 05, 2019, 08:18 PM
polite, cordial gentleman
Anyone have theirs go out of control, or not respond?
3 times with 2 batteries. Acted like interference.
Don’t think I wanna fly it after I fix it’s broken nose ,
Not looking to be unsafe. I have a dx6i
Aug 05, 2019, 08:34 PM
Only had one glitch with mine. Trying to do flat spins, think I pushed one elevon too far and it locked up for a few seconds. Nearly crashed, but got control back and many successful flights after. I don't try flat spins anymore.
Aug 05, 2019, 08:36 PM
polite, cordial gentleman
Not good to have a glitch going through the air.
I did save it one out of three times. But cmon!
Aug 08, 2019, 08:07 AM
How much space do you guys usually use to fly your lil Evo?

Our club runway is 1000' long and I fly to the end of it, so 500' each direction left and right, and maybe 150' out in front of me. Absolutely no obstructions anywhere. The entire flight is made a full throttle.

I'm wanting to fly it at a place closer to home, but it's a lot smaller and irregular shaped and surrounded by trees. I'm not used to avoiding obstacles lol.

The pic below shows about 200' from treeline to treeline, so the usable space is a bit less. About 600' total length. The area doesn't seem that big when I'm there.

I'm going to fly my Delta Ray 1 here first, but does anybody else who is an advanced beginner pilot fly full throttle in an area similar to the pic below?

The app I used is GPS measurer. It's really cool if you're scouting for places to fly and want to know how big or small the area is. Its accurate too because it measures my garage exact https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....edsa.measurer

Edit: I have flown my UMX Timber and UMX Pitts here many times, but the Evo is a fair bit faster.
Last edited by ooOoo; Aug 08, 2019 at 08:37 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 10:47 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
....The pic below shows about 200' from treeline to treeline, so the usable space is a bit less. About 600' total length. The area doesn't seem that big when I'm there. ....
That's similar to flying on our golf course (closed Mondays) or driving range that can be used much of the rest of the week.... having tree'd a plane in a recovery from some failed acro (using SAFE to bail me out), I've taken to flying higher and more often out over the lake instead of between the trees.
Aug 08, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
That's similar to flying on our golf course (closed Mondays) or driving range that can be used much of the rest of the week.... having tree'd a plane in a recovery from some failed acro (using SAFE to bail me out), I've taken to flying higher and more often out over the lake instead of between the trees.
I flew my Delta Ray 1 in that spot today and it seemed plenty big, but the Evo is much faster. I can try and always land if I see it isn't going to work well. The water in the lower left is a 19,000 acre lake, so I have plenty of water to fly over.
Aug 15, 2019, 07:37 AM

Rubber nose cone

I was flying my F-27 last night and had a great flight until I landed.

When I walked up to it I found out the rubber tipped nose cone had broken off during the flight! I don't think it was loose and I didn't
hit anything while I was flying. I fly over a field that has 4 ft tall grass and then land back in my lawn that is mowed. It had to have fallen off while over the field. There is no way I will find it.

Any ideas on what I could use as a replacement nose cone/tip? Horizon only sells the whole fuselage.

Thanks,

Paul
Aug 16, 2019, 10:54 AM
Dave North
My nose cone fell off probably five times before I figured out how to stick it on permanently, so I know where you're coming from. If it hadn't stuck the last time (used white gorilla glue; so far so good) I wanted to replace it with some scrap epp. I think that would actually be a better choice than the rubber. As a stop-gap you could glue some meat-tray foam into a block and carve a nosecone. But the good news is, it flies just fine without the nose (I didn't want to do a field repair after one of the falloffs).
Aug 16, 2019, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG185

When I walked up to it I found out the rubber tipped nose cone had broken off during the flight! I don't think it was loose and I didn't
hit anything while I was flying. I fly over a field that has 4 ft tall grass and then land back in my lawn that is mowed. It had to have fallen off while over the field. There is no way I will find it.

Any ideas on what I could use as a replacement nose cone/tip? Horizon only sells the whole fuselage.

Thanks,

Paul
Yup, mine has come off , I used foam tak and a little tape where it connects to foam and itís been fine ever sense ..
Aug 16, 2019, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG185

Thanks,

Paul
Click on this link and it has a picture comparing the old Stryker with the new Evo https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post40166197

The rubber nose appears to be different, but they may be interchangeable? If so, it may be possible to use a nose from the old Stryker? https://www.ebay.com/itm/ParkZone-PK...72.m2749.l2649
Aug 16, 2019, 10:02 PM
Good post by ooOoo. They pretty close, I used one on my last Evo. A tiny bit shorter and the is little more larger, but gets the job done. Add a bit of water to white gorrila glue and turns to foam.
Aug 16, 2019, 10:18 PM
FireHawx
Well if you have some tiptank/missiles from an older model just cut the nose off one ,shape it and glue it on. I have done that to a few of my models before (and I am sure I will have to do it again)

Quick Reply