May 06, 2019, 01:16 PM
Limbs, unfortunately this won't help you. I found Amain hobbies in California has the 3s Hyperion 240mah packs for $4.
Another good pack for this plane is ministar 350mah 3s. I run those along with the Hyperion packs.
Limbs have a look here.
https://www.attofpv.co.uk/product-pa...0c-triple-pack
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2019, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40
Limbs, unfortunately this won't help you. I found Amain hobbies in California has the 3s Hyperion 240mah packs for $4.
Another good pack for this plane is ministar 350mah 3s. I run those along with the Hyperion packs.
Limbs have a look here.
https://www.attofpv.co.uk/product-pa...0c-triple-pack
Thanks Jasen, I have now found the Hyperion 240 & 320 for a little under £10 (around $13); you Americans don't know how lucky you are!

Doesn't look like Atto have any Ministars in stock as I am unable to add them to my cart!
May 06, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbs
Thanks Jasen, I have now found the Hyperion 240 & 320 for a little under £10 (around $13); you Americans don't know how lucky you are!

Doesn't look like Atto have any Ministars in stock as I am unable to add them to my cart!
Hyperion has them in there Chinese warehouse for $8. I posted Amain's link because it's a steal
May 06, 2019, 04:38 PM
Quote:

Hyperion has them in there Chinese warehouse for $8. I posted Amain's link because it's a steal
More UK links
https://cheapdrone.co.uk/3-pcs-cnhl-...ng-drone-parts
May 06, 2019, 04:39 PM
Duplicate
May 06, 2019, 06:30 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Ah, well said Roger; doing a more specific search I have found both 240 & 320mah Hyperions, but they are G3s whilst I note that you're running G5s, what's the difference?
L,

Hyperion G3 Lipos are no longer being manufactured.
G5 info here: https://hyperion-world.com/g5-lipo-article

Biggest differences that I have found between the two:
G5's hold voltage under load better.
Have higher discharge rates.
Longer lifespan.

Roger
May 06, 2019, 06:34 PM
I have a brief, very exciting flight today. The F-22 sort of exploded in the air! Wings came off, canopy came off, fins separated, main body sort of pancaked down, game over!

Pleasant surprise - I got all of the components, save for one of those little black plastic leading edge fairings and NO damage to anything at all.

So, what happened? I don't know, as everything came apart at the same time, as far as I could tell. Perhaps one of the wings came unfastened, the resulting snap roll threw the rest of the parts away from the main body. The canopy and fins landed right beside the main body, while the wings landed in a low tree some distance away.

Out of this, I have a question for others: Do you tape or hot glue your wings onto the body? Or do you just trust the plastic snap fittings to do the job?
May 06, 2019, 09:19 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
I have a brief, very exciting flight today. The F-22 sort of exploded in the air! Wings came off, canopy came off, fins separated, main body sort of pancaked down, game over!

Pleasant surprise - I got all of the components, save for one of those little black plastic leading edge fairings and NO damage to anything at all.

So, what happened? I don't know, as everything came apart at the same time, as far as I could tell. Perhaps one of the wings came unfastened, the resulting snap roll threw the rest of the parts away from the main body. The canopy and fins landed right beside the main body, while the wings landed in a low tree some distance away.

Out of this, I have a question for others: Do you tape or hot glue your wings onto the body? Or do you just trust the plastic snap fittings to do the job?
Ds,

That must have been an Awesome sight!!

Was it a first flight??

-----

"Do you tape or hot glue your wings onto the body?"

No

"Do you just trust the plastic snap fittings to do the job?"

Yep

Roger
May 07, 2019, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Ds,

That must have been an Awesome sight!!

Was it a first flight??

-----

"Do you tape or hot glue your wings onto the body?"

No

"Do you just trust the plastic snap fittings to do the job?"

Yep

Roger
Yes, it was rather spectacular, a real Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment!
The plane was not flying at warp speed, I was reasonably sure that everything had been snapped into place securely but perhaps not?
This was the first flight in a couple of months. I got it in the winter, flew it a couple of days and really liked it but a very fast white plane, on white snow background, somewhat overcast and whitish sky, well, got it rather far away once and was very lucky to get it back (self-levelling helped, as I could throttle back quite a bit and put it into a gentle turn until I could figure out if it was coming or going). I decided to wait for springtime. Meanwhile, I painted the fins and nose cone flourescent orange for better visibility.
May 07, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
L,

Hyperion G3 Lipos are no longer being manufactured.
G5 info here: https://hyperion-world.com/g5-lipo-article

Biggest differences that I have found between the two:
G5's hold voltage under load better.
Have higher discharge rates.
Longer lifespan.

Roger
Thanks Roger,
looks like I only have the option of G3s ATM; might hold off a while!
May 07, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40
More UK links
https://cheapdrone.co.uk/3-pcs-cnhl-...ng-drone-parts
Thanks again Jasen, do you think that the Ministars are as good as the hyperions? Looks like they're selling off the G3 Hyperions in the USA, but not here!
May 07, 2019, 05:37 PM
I would give the Hyperion G5 240mah slite avantage over the ministar. The F27 seems to fly more nimbly and has tiny more pop. The ministars have a minute more of run time. They what I was running prior to getting two G5s. I use them in my Blade 130s. The ministars also have a nice pricetag, and have held up well over the last 10 months.
May 13, 2019, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205
Anyone else have issues losing signal on this bird? I really love flying this thing, but twice now Iíve lost signal (Iím assuming interference from nearby WiFi signals...). The first time I was really lucky and it just glided into neighboring block, no damage. Today I was having a blast turnin and burnin and she lost signal again, this time plowing HARD into the ground!!

I had about two seconds trying to pull up but no response!! Iím bummed😟. Will have to buy another!
I bought one of these and for no reason it corked itself in on landing approach. Upon inspection I noticed one of the elevon servos has come loose and locked up. I added a few drops of hot glue to each servo so they are nice and solid now. I also made some servo covers out of plastic spoons, I suspect the servos might get ripped loose sliding through grass on landings, they work great and don't upset the aero. This plane reminds me of a larger prop called the Projeti.
May 27, 2019, 12:28 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S
I bought one of these and for no reason it corked itself in on landing approach. Upon inspection I noticed one of the elevon servos has come loose and locked up. I added a few drops of hot glue to each servo so they are nice and solid now. I also made some servo covers out of plastic spoons, I suspect the servos might get ripped loose sliding through grass on landings, they work great and don't upset the aero. This plane reminds me of a larger prop called the Projeti.
RICH,

Be careful with that plastic spoon mod.
The front & rear of the stock servo covers are open for a reason.
Horizon found that servos were over-heating with the added demands of AS3X.

Roger
May 27, 2019, 12:47 PM
**I'm Battman**
Still greatly in love with this little gem!
Approaching the 250 flight mark.
My F-27 is never left behind.
Really enjoying that GWS 4040 prop.
My inverted funnels are improving.
Getting them lower & lower.
Tighter & tighter like a little dust devil
She performs them best with light-weight (3S) 180s & 120s.
Calm conditions help to make them even better.

My inverted flat spins are improving as well.
Pretty amazing what this plane can do without rudders.

Love the UMX S P E E D !!!

Roger

Quick Reply