Jul 12, 2018, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
New Product

NEW - E-flite UMX F-27 Evolution

Looks killer for $99 and 3S.

E-flite™ UMX™ F-27 Evolution BNF Basic (2 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2018, 03:28 PM
Downside on this new bird is like its big brother. No rudders.
Jul 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish
Downside on this new bird is like its big brother. No rudders.
The BIG brother also had rudders before it was discontinued. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...er-bnf-pkz5680

It should still be very fun, speed wise. And I love the fact that we should now start seeing more 3S UM in the future. (I'm assuming the ESC has been beefed a little, and it's not just the usual one...)
Jul 12, 2018, 07:59 PM
Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
The BIG brother also had rudders before it was discontinued. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...er-bnf-pkz5680

It should still be very fun, speed wise. And I love the fact that we should now start seeing more 3S UM in the future. (I'm assuming the ESC has been beefed a little, and it's not just the usual one...)

LOL, a bigger ESC indeed
Look what's "In the box"

This is great and confirms that the BL180 300Kv motor can indeed run 3S. Spare prop states 3.75x3 . This will be a great power setup for the UMX V900
For $99, it will be worth it just to get the electronics. I think I know what my next plane will be
Jul 13, 2018, 01:00 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:

Thatís not the big brother - this one is:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/f-27-ev...-basic-efl5650
Jul 13, 2018, 02:13 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
LOL, a bigger ESC indeed
Look what's "In the box"

This is great and confirms that the BL180 300Kv motor can indeed run 3S. Spare prop states 3.75x3 . This will be a great power setup for the UMX V900
For $99, it will be worth it just to get the electronics. I think I know what my next plane will be
This is the combo I use in my Hitec Weekender Zipper using 500mah 3S batteries. Zero issues regardless of how hard I fly it.
Jul 13, 2018, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
This is the combo I use in my Hitec Weekender Zipper using 500mah 3S batteries. Zero issues regardless of how hard I fly it.
Yes but with a 4x4 prop and a lot faster than this UMX Stryker
Also no rudder, no boomerang fun, not a "real" stryker.
Jul 20, 2018, 06:13 AM
Jagd Flieger
With a 3s battery this plane will be extremely fast!
Jul 20, 2018, 11:10 AM
In latest HH vid,they say about 70mph
Jul 21, 2018, 09:33 AM
Lifetime Member
Pre-ordered with free shipping. An absolute bargain at $99 shipped!
Jul 22, 2018, 02:07 PM
Lifetime Member
Now I just need to find some decent 3 cell packs for it. Will need to hold off until I can get the dimensions of the battery bay first. I can't even find the dimensions of the stock battery anywhere.
Does anyone have any specs on either of these?

I will however be able to test it out with all my 2 cell packs in the meantime.
Maybe keep it 2 cell and find a higher Kv motor?
Last edited by JohnM; Jul 22, 2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added picture
Jan 21, 2019, 04:48 PM
Build it, don't buy it
Not much for comments on this little plane.

Got one last week, waited impatiently for Sunday to fly it.

First problem I had was the eflite 300mah battery. About half the capacity stated, and did not want to come up to 4.2V/cell.

Put a wing mix in for elevons, (mistake). Mixing is done on board, put in an elevon mix and you get a nasty surprise when you flick into AS3X mode. Lucky it is still in one piece. Thought it was defective and didn't try again that day.
Returned it today, got the new one home, same issue as a result of the elevon mix. Will have to return to the LHS tomorrow and get the old, flown one back so they can have a new one to sell.
Last edited by foamnpacktape; Jan 21, 2019 at 08:04 PM.
Jan 22, 2019, 07:18 AM
Way to much free time!
Good of you to return the new one to your LHS. The flight battery could be down on capacity due to colder weather. What temperature were you flying it in?
Jan 22, 2019, 10:29 AM
Build it, don't buy it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5
Good of you to return the new one to your LHS. The flight battery could be down on capacity due to colder weather. What temperature were you flying it in?
Thanks, I talked with the LHS last night, feeling a bit foolish for not investigating it further before returning the first one.

New battery is much better. Capacity of the last one was checked while doing forming charges inside so cold wasn't a factor.
Jan 22, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:

But the Daddy didnt

Quick Reply