Jim Aero Neutrino F5J Sailplane

Jim Aero recently announced a new F5J electric sailplane called the Neutrino. We haven't seen any prototype photos yet, but the renderings are looking good and this should be a really nice high end competition ship.

Splash

New 4M Sailplane from Jim Aero

Jim Aero recently announced a new F5J electric sailplane called the Neutrino. We haven't seen any prototype photos yet, but the renderings are looking good and this should be a really nice high end competition ship. Wingspan is listed as just shy of 4M at 3.96M.

It sounds like the Neutrino is going to be great for traveling as they say it will have a 4 piece wing along with a 2 piece fuselage. That means it will break down extremely small to fit in your travel box easily. The longest section will be the wing tips at 1120mm in length. Jim Aero says they are planning to start taking orders and begin serial production in August with a listed price of €1,590.00. We can't wait to see more when they start shipping.

Check out the Neutrino F5J Sailplane Page Here

Jul 11, 2018, 10:18 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Looks similar in basic concept to the Volo except it's top mounted wing not shoulder mount like a Volo, AND it's considerably cheaper. Anybody have specs on this plane??
And what Airfoil?
Jim Aero makes nice stuff

Ps edit : also wondering wether it will be solid core wing? Provisions for ballast??
Jul 11, 2018, 10:22 AM
RCG Admin
I'm curious on those questions as well. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.
Jul 11, 2018, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
...AND it's considerably cheaper. Anybody have specs on this plane??
1590€==1863$ So how much is Volo?
Jul 11, 2018, 11:43 AM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas J.
1590€==1863$ So how much is Volo?
From Oleg's ordering form....
Jul 11, 2018, 02:30 PM
The 6 P principle works for me

Humor me.....please!

(I know it is a bit small) Anyone putting a New Neu Nutrino into the New Neutrino?

The pricing on this new bird does look to be very nice, shipping costs to USA?

Michael
Jul 11, 2018, 03:53 PM
Team Futaba
So it looks like we are holding steady on the 1 new plane per week schedule!!

Looks like a worthy addition to our currently great selection of F5J planes. Looking forward to seeing the actual specs.
Jul 11, 2018, 05:35 PM
I have na Aloha F5J and I'm very happy with it. A 4M sailplane with the same spirit as Aloha will be an excelente F5J machine. I'm hoping to get one.
Jul 11, 2018, 06:18 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer
(I know it is a bit small) Anyone putting a New Neu Nutrino into the New Neutrino?

Heheh.

These new concepts are nice, but anyone can draw up a 3D plan and have the computer render it so it looks beautiful. But alas, it's just a computer rendering.

Sure is pretty, though.

--
Greg
Jul 11, 2018, 10:52 PM
Bro
Bro

Neutrino F5J

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer

The pricing on this new bird does look to be very nice, shipping costs to USA?

Michael
Howdy...

We will be selling them for under 1900. Rohacel core, ballast yes and if you have seen any of his work, you know what to expect.
We are hoping to see them first half of September as we put a pre-order in with him some time ago and are in the front of this.

And OH, did I forget to mention if you get in on the first batch, and prepay we can give you a 10% discount ? So pick up a 4m top shelf quality solid core model for "about" $1700usd. This deal will only be on pre-payed preorders.
And to sweeten the deal....
We will give you 10% off all the gear from the best selection in the business..... AND FREE SHIPPING as well.
Interested ?
bob@soaringusa.com

Best,
Bro
Latest blog entry: 2015
Jul 11, 2018, 11:10 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Sounds like a sweet deal. LOVE the name of the plane ;-)
And we all know a neutrino has almost zero mass
;-)
We need to know more on specs
Wing area, AUW, Airfoil, ballast provisions
Last edited by Airman74; Jul 11, 2018 at 11:45 PM.
Jul 11, 2018, 11:34 PM
The 6 P principle works for me
Bob, your killing me, close to $200 off special and free shipping...…..…more than makes up for CA taxes......man you sure know how to twist an arm!

Seriously considering this.

Michael
Jul 12, 2018, 04:58 AM
4m big brother to my Aloha....I'm in!

Dave R.
Jul 12, 2018, 01:23 PM
Can someone elaborate on what the green surface represents in the CAD image in proximity to the fuselage pin-socket joint?
Also, I didn't really see a layout picture showing RUD & ELE servo location. For example could they stay resident on the tail side of split line so its just 2 RX plugs to connect, or what is the general plan in that regard?
Jul 12, 2018, 01:28 PM
RCG Admin
I’m really wanting something for F5J and this just might be the one. Excited to learn more when more details are released. Glad they will be sold and supported in the US by Soaring USA.

Quick Reply