Blade Scimitar 170 FPV RTF & BNF Basic

The Blade Scimitar 170 FPV BNF Basic brings a combination of convenience and performance to a 4" racer, perfect for backyard cruising or racing with friends.

Splash

The Blade Scimitar 170 FPV BNF® Basic

This unit has a combination of convenience and performance to a 4" racer, perfect for backyard cruising or racing with friends. The 4S power system consists of 1407-3000Kv motors for remarkable response and power and 20A 4-in-1 ESC with BLHeli-S and Dhot 600 compatibility. An F3 flight controller efficiently handles the quad, while relaying the user-configurable data to the on-screen display via the Betaflight OSD. A 600TVL CMOS camera with 2.1mm lens transmits video through the Spektrum™ variable power video transmitter. All the vital electronics are protected by the impact resistant pod while you still have easy access to the USB port and video transmitter. Additionally, optional propeller guards help protect your propellers, motors, and frame in the event of a crash. Don’t want the added weight? Simply remove them from the new interlocking motor bolts with a twist, no tools required. The Scimitar 170 BNF Basic is ready for backyards and battling for first place. Simply bind your transmitter, charge up your batteries, set up your monitor and turn your weekend into a racing party.

Blade® Scimitar™ 170 FPV RTF and BNF Basic (1 min 47 sec)

Features

• 4" propellers
  • F3 Flight Controller: Betaflight & Betaflight OSD
  • 4-in-1 20A ESC: BLHeli-S & DShot 600 compatible
  • 1407-2820KV FPV Racing Motor
  • Video transmitter: 25/200/600mW 32 channel, variable power, and Spektrum TX control
  • Camera: 600TVL CMOS w/ 2.1mm lens
  • Durable 4mm carbon fiber frame with replaceable arms
  • Injection molded plastic pod: Covers all vital components
  • Spektrum Telemetry RX: Provides valuable flight data and allows for forward programming of VTX and FC

Durable

New impact resistant pod protects all vital electronics in a sleek and durable hydro dipped shell. Easy access to the flight controller, bind button and video transmitter are maintained through convenient cutouts. Innovative propeller guards can be taken on and off with a snap with no tools required. Leave the guards on and enjoy the durability for your motors, propellers, and arms. Want to lighten it up? Simply twist the guards and pop them off in a matter of seconds.

Photos

Learn More

Head over to the Blade site for more info and pricing!

Jul 09, 2018, 04:57 PM
liquid_courage
i was just watching the replay of the live q&a they did for this and the 215mm, seems interesting. doesnt look like there is a way to mount an hd action cam on this one or the 215 version though
Jul 09, 2018, 11:45 PM
What's the shell actually made of then? It's hydrodipped so probably not carbon fibre
Jul 10, 2018, 05:29 AM
liquid_courage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam W
What's the shell actually made of then? It's hydrodipped so probably not carbon fibre
they said in the video its just plastic
Jul 10, 2018, 09:47 AM
Seems a bit strange to only use an F3 flight controller. The current version of Betaflight (3.4.0) already needs some features removed to fit on certain F3 boards, and it's only going to get worse in future.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jul 10, 2018, 10:23 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Seems a bit strange to only use an F3 flight controller. The current version of Betaflight (3.4.0) already needs some features removed to fit on certain F3 boards, and it's only going to get worse in future.
there are special versions of 3.4 with the fancy filtering stuff still in it. -they just removed support for less popular RX protocols like PPM to make room.
Jul 10, 2018, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
there are special versions of 3.4 with the fancy filtering stuff still in it. -they just removed support for less popular RX protocols like PPM to make room.
Yup I know there are special F3 targets ... what I've not been able to find anywhere though is an actual list of the features have been dropped from them. Do you know of one?

Of course with F1 boards Betaflight also started by removing features from targets for new releases, before ending support for them last year with 3.2.

So IMHO the writing is on the wall for F3s, and I would query the wisdom of spending $300 on a quad that's built around one now.
Jul 10, 2018, 01:21 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
will this be able to 'Meow' like the InducTrix FPV+ can?

it looks like its "DShot 600 compatible" which I thought was needed to program it to flip...

-M

Jul 10, 2018, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Yup I know there are special F3 targets ... what I've not been able to find anywhere though is an actual list of the features have been dropped from them. Do you know of one?

Of course with F1 boards Betaflight also started by removing features from targets for new releases, before ending support for them last year with 3.2.

So IMHO the writing is on the wall for F3s, and I would query the wisdom of spending $300 on a quad that's built around one now.
Other than this from the release page? No.

"

This is a flight performance release of betaflight 3.4. It adds the features AbsoluteControl, ITermRelax, SmartFeedForward and SmoothingFilter to F3 flight controllers with more than 64kb flash. To make flash space available the AcroTrainer, PPM and PWM RX support was removed

"
Jul 11, 2018, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Other than this from the release page? No.

"

This is a flight performance release of betaflight 3.4. It adds the features AbsoluteControl, ITermRelax, SmartFeedForward and SmoothingFilter to F3 flight controllers with more than 64kb flash. To make flash space available the AcroTrainer, PPM and PWM RX support was removed

"
I'm not very good with GitHub - have you got a link? I read the release notes for 3.4

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ases/tag/3.4.0

and the tuning tips page

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...Betaflight-3.4

but didn't see that stuff so I guess I'm looking in the wrong place!

Incidentally, I see 3.5 is due out in less than a month (5th August)?!
Jul 11, 2018, 08:15 AM
yeah, github makes my eyes bleed.
https://github.com/joelucid/betaflig...eases/tag/3.4a

BF changes way too fast.
once i started hearing about how many top pilots are flying old gear/firmware, for consistency and sanity reasons, i stopped chasing the firmware update fairy too.
Jul 11, 2018, 09:43 AM
Ah OK that's forked, rather than an 'official' release?

BF 3.4.0 itself just says
Quote:
unfortunately bugfixes and improvements in the flight controller core functionality have led to an increase of the firmware size, causing it to overflow the available space on a number of F3 based flight controllers. As a result, some features have had to be removed from a number of F3 based flight controllers in order to make the firmware fit into flash. The following targets are affected: BETAFLIGHTF3, COLIBRI_RACE, FRSKYF3, FURYF3OSD, LUX_RACE, MIDELICF3, OMNIBUS, RCEXPLORERF3, RG_SSD_F3, SPRACINGF3EVO, SPRACINGF3NEO;
I was trying to find what had been cut from those official targets (I have 5 quads that would be affected). Possibly the same things you mentioned, but it would be nice to know for sure. I actually thought all F3 processors had the same amount of flash (built into the chip) i.e. 256 kb

Trying to get vaguely on-topic here I wonder which BF target this new quad uses?

I never take x.x.0 releases ... always wait for the .1 or .2 version. Apart from the filtering etc. there's some useful stuff in 3.4 (like being able to access BB logs through USB).
Jul 19, 2018, 07:04 PM

is it possible the German Blade scimitar 170 also to change in 200 mw?

Can only change to off / Pit-Mode and 25mw. Become not the 2 green Less to run together for 200 mw.

Quick Reply