Feb 20, 2019, 10:28 PM
slats move, slots don't
Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo - HobbyKing Super Daily (2 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2019, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
I think a lot of people have been looking for this machine for a long time.

There are a great many P-51's, P-40's, Spitfires, and P-47's on the market, in a larger variety of sizes.

It is time that something different came out (and there has been a trend by different manufacturers to do so, over the last couple of years).

The Brewster Buffalo is unusual and, like the FMS P-39 and the Dynam P-61,, should do well in the marketplace.

I am hopeful that someone will manufacture a P-63 at some point in the near future.
I agree. I like it because it is different, and I like the simplicity of a hand launch belly lander when flying at my grass field. I was hoping it would be about the same price as the Bonanza, but will be ordering one this weekend anyway. I think it will complement my PZ F4F Wildcat well.
Feb 21, 2019, 09:36 AM
I posted this on the other F2a thread, but will ask here too as I'm curious.
Has anyone seen some slow flying?
All the video is either high speed or slo-mo, and that landing shows it hitting the ground like something nasty off a shovel!
Last edited by union1; Feb 21, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
Feb 21, 2019, 01:02 PM
Apologies to any tender souls to whom my earlier profanity caused distress. 25 years as a firefighter has resulted in a certain directness of phrase that is less than desirable in polite circles. For this again, I apologise.
Mea culpa.
Latest blog entry: SR-71 for 2 x 70mm EDF
Feb 21, 2019, 04:39 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by union1
Apologies to any tender souls to whom my earlier profanity caused distress. 25 years as a firefighter has resulted in a certain directness of phrase that is less than desirable in polite circles. For this again, I apologise.
Mea culpa.
Looking back at the video I see your point about slow flying--I'll be interested to see the "flight reports" as they come in. No worries, regarding language--I'm a lawyer married to a trial lawyer, so things get pretty "salty" around our place . . .
Feb 21, 2019, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
Looking back at the video I see your point about slow flying--I'll be interested to see the "flight reports" as they come in. No worries, regarding language--I'm a lawyer married to a trial lawyer, so things get pretty "salty" around our place . . .
I'm surprised that anyone suffered an attack of the vapours from a single exposure to Saxon vernacular, but vive la difference!
Anyway, back to the Buffalo, on paper the flying characteristics should be quite similar to the old Parkzone Wildcat, which was great, but something in the video suggests that all may not be well in the slow speed department. Particularly the landings, but also in the rest of the flying.
Come on Hobbyking... let's have some nice scale type flying, not just blasting around!
Feb 21, 2019, 05:12 PM
Quote:
All the video is either high speed or slo-mo, and that landing shows it hitting the ground like something nasty off a shovel!
Hi Pete.

It flies plenty slow. Its a pitty that you don't work for us any more or I'd send you one.
Feb 21, 2019, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
Hi Pete.

It flies plenty slow. Its a pitty that you don't work for us any more or I'd send you one.
Hi Ian, let folks see it then... I was about to pull the trigger on one until I watched the landings!
It's something refreshingly different for sure and should make a great fun scale model.
It'd be great to see the flight envelope as well as the video skills (also great btw!)
Feb 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
i sent a few out for review so they’ll be up soon enough. I think many people will be receiving theirs today or tomorrow so let’s hear what they have to say.

Ian
Feb 21, 2019, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoocrew
I sure hope the release of the F2A Brewster Buffalo and it's history isn't a sign of HK's future. Was this a result in poll votes of new release planes because I could think of many planes I would much rather have even if it was a hand toss'r on 3S 2200.

Although I give credit where credit is due so good job HK, I do like the idea of producing something new and I will be watching this one very carefully. Curious to see what others produce in comparison as I feel the last couple of years have been dry.
Well, order one and help out those of us who want something different.

CR
Feb 21, 2019, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Hi Ian, let folks see it then... I was about to pull the trigger on one until I watched the landings!
It's something refreshingly different for sure and should make a great fun scale model.
It'd be great to see the flight envelope as well as the video skills (also great btw!)
The pilot stalled it onto the ground on the two landings I saw. Poor technique in my book.

CR
Feb 21, 2019, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Got a link to the "other thread?"

CR
Feb 21, 2019, 07:44 PM
Always thought the Brewster Buffalo was an interesting looking plane, just might get this - even tho I have way too many projects as is! If I do, I'm re-painting to an RAF version.
Feb 21, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Always thought the Brewster Buffalo was an interesting looking plane, just might get this - even tho I have way too many projects as is! If I do, I'm re-painting to an RAF version.
Aw shucks, it's not a project. Put it together and fly it! If you like it after flying it, then it becomes a painting project. Not so?

CR
Feb 21, 2019, 09:47 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
My Buffalo did not make it today, but according to Fedex, will be here tomorrow.

I doubt there will be any issues with landing speed, but I will post after I have flown it.

Quick Reply