Dec 02, 2019, 12:23 AM
No sale in the EU or UK warehouses.

I am getting the impression that HK will be OK(well I hope so..), that they made some mistakes in recent years expanding into non-RC stuff, so got weighed down with a bunch of dumb stock they couldn't move, but that they want to settle in and just focus on RC, and planes specifically. They are apparently having troubles and in the process of sorting it out. I sure hope they do.

The blue one looks like it's done in the EU and UK warehouses. The yellow and silver one (the one I'd want anyway) is still there, at €122 or so. Still a decent price, but on the other hand I have no business buying any new planes. I have more than I can possibly fly, and no room in the hangar to be honest. That's why I'm kind of hard core about sales. If it's on sale then I can kind of budge and squeeze one in. But at the normal price I can maintain my discipline better...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2019, 12:49 AM
They call me Lipo...
I understand brother...

I'm a bit "over the limit" myself with regards to hangar space, but at least I can justify getting this little one by the price, and the fact that the size is very agreeable to my current hangar limitations !

Here's the maiden flight :
Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo 920mm (36") PNF - MAIDEN FLIGHT! (17 min 25 sec)

Dec 02, 2019, 01:06 AM
I do like the idea of this plane as a hopefully more fun alternative to my PZ Wildcat. Which as nice of a beginner plane as it was I just came to find totally boring. Like flying a kite. Just too slow. I haven't flown it in ages and have no desire to.
Dec 04, 2019, 08:00 PM
They call me Lipo...

Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo on a 9x6 APC Prop...mind....BLOWN!

I personally think propping DOWN to an APC 9x6 really wakes this thing up !
Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo 920mm (36") PNF on a 9x6 APC Prop - HOLY MOLY!!! (12 min 20 sec)

Dec 12, 2019, 09:08 PM
They call me Lipo...

Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo on a 9x6 APC Prop...MORE COWBELL!

Second flight on the APC 9x6 propeller...what can I say ?!?!
Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo 920mm 36 PNF - FANTASTIC on an APC 9x6 prop! (12 min 51 sec)

YEEHAW !!!
Dec 14, 2019, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
Second flight on the APC 9x6 propeller...what can I say ?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBFP7CRbbMI&t

YEEHAW !!!
Doggone Lipo, lotsa talking but can't see the model except when it comes by on a low pass. Wat'cha doin' in Barstow?

CR
Dec 14, 2019, 02:05 PM
They call me Lipo...
HAH !

Hey Charley, lots of work and flying when I can...!

Since I got the Buff dialled in, I can't help myself from opening her up, even if it's not remotely close to scale

Next outing I'll try to keep her within a somewhat more scale flight envelope

All the best!
Dec 14, 2019, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
HAH !

Hey Charley, lots of work and flying when I can...!

Since I got the Buff dialled in, I can't help myself from opening her up, even if it's not remotely close to scale

Next outing I'll try to keep her within a somewhat more scale flight envelope

All the best!
Not the flight envelope, it's that it's just a dot. When we're flying, we can see it but the camera doesn't see it the same way. I have some video cams now. I'll try to see how to keep it closer in .

CR
Dec 14, 2019, 07:38 PM
They call me Lipo...
I understand Charley

Just curious, I shoot all my videos in 1080p; have you opened them up full screen? I usually watch YouTube videos in full screen, and although using the famous hat-cam isn't ideal, at least you can see more of the plane in full screen mode

Jan 15, 2020, 10:10 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Lipo: You sold me. Ordered one this morning. For the past couple of years around this time I keep getting that urge for something dead simple to throw out into the sky and have some fun. Hope to see you again at SEFF this year.
Jan 16, 2020, 08:11 PM
They call me Lipo...
HAH! Glad to be your enabler my friend !

And yes...SEFF WILL HAPPEN this year! At least for the week, and then I have to take off on friday afternoon...

Quick Reply