Sep 01, 2018, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvih
Yeah, yellow's quite visible indeed (I now have a yellow Dynam Waco too). I repainted my Wildcat in a rather terrible impression of that Buffalo camo scheme since the original scheme had become worn and as mentioned was really straining my eyes against the sky... the camo does get a bit hard to see against trees but as long as I don't take your eyes off it, haven't "lost it" there so far. But considering the color shades I had on hand are all wrong for an actual FAF camo, at some point I might strip it of all paint and go with the pre-war silver/yellow scheme after all.

And as per the photos of the Durafly Buffalo in the "rumor" thread, chances are I'll buy the Buffalo in the pre-war color scheme as well for visibility purposes, as I have no idea when I can get the proper color shades to paint it with and all that.
I've bought lots of paints in basic colors and tried to mix my own with varied results. I just don't have the knack I guess. I live in a city of ~25,000, so we have a Home Depot where they can match most paints. Are there places like that near where you live? travel probs? I know nothing of Finland but I'd like to learn.

CR
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2018, 03:48 AM
There are shops that do color-matching, but generally it's rather expensive. The paints themselves (usually not sold in tiny quantities) as well as the service. At least for my budget.
Sep 07, 2018, 07:43 AM
The guy with the victories on the tailplane:
Jan 25, 2019, 03:23 PM
Just throw it up!
Look in the background all.
Jan 25, 2019, 06:20 PM
I trusting it wonít take another 18months to release it like others before.
Jan 25, 2019, 07:56 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
I hope it has landing gear, but I will buy it regardless.

The only thing i don't care for about the Horizon Wildcat is that it is a belly-lander. It flies beautifully and looks great, but no retracts.
Jan 25, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power
Look in the background all.
They'll announce it soon, I bet. Otherwise why do the bait video?

CR
Jan 26, 2019, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem

The only thing i don't care for about the Horizon Wildcat is that it is a belly-lander. It flies beautifully and looks great, but no retracts.
The size of the plane and the complexity of the retracts basically precludes even the possibility of them. And thank god. For what the plane is - a basic, simple, affordable park flyer. The Parkzon Wildcat is a pretty tiny plane - and it serves its purpose and fits in its niche perfectly just as it is. LX offers, or did offer, a Wildcat in somewhat similar size - 1200mm I think - with retracts. So that's about as good an option as anybody could hope for.

I like the belly landers and hope they continue to bring out more. It caters to a bigger tranche of the pyramid.... It's a shame Parkzone is gone, offering good planes without them, but with the option of installing them if you want..
Jan 26, 2019, 08:17 AM
Just throw it up!
Yeah its going to be interesting about the landing gear for sure. I would prefer that it can be used to land with the landing gear and also have the option to belly land.

It lookslike its from this squadron.
Jan 26, 2019, 11:10 AM
That picture looks like the right hand half of the tail plane is transparent.
Jan 26, 2019, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem

So buy the LX Wildcat. It has retracts, which is why I bought mine. It flies well.

CR
Jan 26, 2019, 03:26 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Herrsavage,

Most of the flying I do involves touch-and-go's, pretty difficult to do that with a Parkzone Wildcat.

It is a great little airplane but, for me, it needs retracts. I don't like belly landing-even in grass. I like to keep my airplanes in as close to new condition as possible.

Charley38,

"So buy the LX Wildcat. It has retracts, which is why I bought mine. It flies well."

You are a wise man sir!
Jan 26, 2019, 10:52 PM
Just throw it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 2
That picture looks like the right hand half of the tail plane is transparent.
Haha yeah on the white background it sure does. In the sky itíll be a different story.
Feb 18, 2019, 03:18 PM
JohnVHRC
@3:55
HobbyKing Weekly Wrap - Episode 7 (4 min 44 sec)
Latest blog entry: Freewing T33 wring out!
Feb 18, 2019, 11:31 PM
In stock at hobbyking

Quick Reply