Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 09, 2018, 10:18 AM
Suspended Account
New Product

Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo

So there is little right now about the plane, but from the pic hints seems like its going to be a Brewster F2A Buffalo

Maybe a fixed gear or Belly lander. Once I get more info I will post here

Im also guessing its coming in 2 scheames as I dont see one with blue fuse and yellow wings.

Maybe a yellow and silver version and a all blue version
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2018, 04:47 PM
Apparently suspended OP aside, yep, it's 99,9% a Buffalo, latest indication being Stephen replied with a "soon" gif on Facebook when in the post that was about "sharing the fun" of the new Spitfire I commented I wanted to share the fun of the Durafly Buffalo.

Curious to see how many people will get it, given the bad rep the plane has. I most certainly will, one of my very favorite airframes looks-wise.
Jul 09, 2018, 05:24 PM
Even though I really don't care for belly landers, I will buy this one. It is nice to see something other than a Mustang, Corsair, or Spitfire being on the market. Maybe it wasn't a roaring success in it's indended purpose, but that doesn't mean it won't be great at beating up the airfield in miniature. Besides, it is great to see something new and different. Now we need a Vindicator or a Devastator!
Jul 09, 2018, 05:42 PM
Even though I really don't care for belly landers, I will buy this one. It is nice to see something other than a Mustang, Corsair, or Spitfire being on the market. Maybe it wasn't a roaring success in it's indended purpose, but that doesn't mean it won't be great at beating up the airfield in miniature. Besides, it is great to see something new and different. Now we need a Vindicator or a Devastator!
Jul 10, 2018, 09:06 AM
Parkstormer!
Id be on this in a second, if I had a good place to fly belly-landers, but, alas . . .
Jul 10, 2018, 09:33 AM
AA6JB
Mikey goes out in a blaze of glory ... again!
Jul 10, 2018, 10:05 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Mikey goes out in a blaze of glory ... again!
Well from what I heard from his friends that is blaze of glory was almost his life. Sad to see him go down hill like that
Jul 10, 2018, 11:19 AM
Head NEAT geek
I don't think he's really gone I think he's already shown himself under a new username
Jul 10, 2018, 01:12 PM
Life Long Modeler
Not Mikey, he would never use another username
Latest blog entry: New to this Blog Thing
Jul 10, 2018, 01:53 PM
Ssshhh, Buffalo thread, not Mikey thread!

One good thing about a Buffalo in a Finnish camo scheme will be the increased visibility compared to my current Wildcat. The light blue can be tricksy at times as I suspected and confirmed.
Jul 11, 2018, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvih
Ssshhh, Buffalo thread, not Mikey thread!

One good thing about a Buffalo in a Finnish camo scheme will be the increased visibility compared to my current Wildcat. The light blue can be tricksy at times as I suspected and confirmed.
A few F4f's had higher viz camo...
Jul 11, 2018, 06:47 AM
Yep, not a fan of yellow wings personally though. Of course, the Finnish camo can disappear against a forested backdrop if flying low enough...

Jul 11, 2018, 11:55 AM
My personal favorite for vizibility is invasion stripes. It may not be 100% historical, but bringing a plane back is more important than accuracy. At least it should be.

It just would not take must changes for that plane to be a cartoon plane...
Sep 01, 2018, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvih
Yep, not a fan of yellow wings personally though. Of course, the Finnish camo can disappear against a forested backdrop if flying low enough...

Just discovered this thread. That yellow cowl would show up for sure! IME a bright yellow is the most visible color against any background.

CR
Sep 01, 2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah, yellow's quite visible indeed (I now have a yellow Dynam Waco too). I repainted my Wildcat in a rather terrible impression of that Buffalo camo scheme since the original scheme had become worn and as mentioned was really straining my eyes against the sky... the camo does get a bit hard to see against trees but as long as I don't take your eyes off it, haven't "lost it" there so far. But considering the color shades I had on hand are all wrong for an actual FAF camo, at some point I might strip it of all paint and go with the pre-war silver/yellow scheme after all.

And as per the photos of the Durafly Buffalo in the "rumor" thread, chances are I'll buy the Buffalo in the pre-war color scheme as well for visibility purposes, as I have no idea when I can get the proper color shades to paint it with and all that.

Quick Reply