Jul 09, 2018, 08:33 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
Discussion

DLG exercise

This is my latest strategy for staying skinny.

F3K/Discus Launch Glider quick turn marathon! (2 min 57 sec)

Any of the rest of ya'll do silly stuff like this?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2018, 12:45 AM
New at this whole life thing
Looks like arm-powered DS!
Jul 10, 2018, 01:06 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfiimei
Looks like arm-powered DS!
Where it is that flat , it is the only way to do DS! (except the trees)

BP
Jul 11, 2018, 11:57 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Where it is that flat , it is the only way to do DS! (except the trees)

BP
Yeah, tried DSing trees a few times. Apparently not my forte. And an expensive way to learn that.
Last edited by jwfinn; Jul 15, 2018 at 07:32 AM.
Jul 11, 2018, 10:38 PM
As long as we're talking DLG exercise, there's a way to practice in a modest sized back yard. It won't do much for your technique, but it ought to help with the conditioning. Securely mount some small weights on diagonally opposite corners of a long, thin board. I used a piece from a cedar closet kit. Hold the board with the weight at the tip forward, and DLG it. The moment it's released, the board will start to spin and, if it's nice and light, it won't go very far at all. Maybe 30 feet, depending on the weight and the force you launch with. Suggest trying this out at the field first, in case something isn't exactly symmetrical. It's important to make SURE both weights are securely fastened. If just one comes off, the board may become stable and go as far as the nearest window. (Or, at least, that's my theory, haven't tried it yet.) You can leave off the weights, but then the board will try to twist out of your hand.

Quick Reply