Jul 08, 2018, 07:42 PM
Discussion

Which ESC's for the vector and a Tarot 650 quad?

I have a 650 Tarot quad now for several years sitting in the hanger as a bench bird. It started with the ZYX-m flight controler and worked well for a year ..then crashed a few times and got pushed to the side for preferred 250, 210,160 quads fpv. I put the ET vector on and the altimeter kept moving even while on the bench, so ET recently replaced it for free.
Flew it 3 times with the new vector and it's crashed each flight with minimal damage. first crash was into my neighbors yard while hovering in loiter. second crash was yesterday at the club field . it was in 2d no hold doing fine and just went down at 300ft away from me. third crash was more serious, it was hovering great and when in 2d/no hold i tried yaw spins.... when I stopped , it tilted to the side and went down. broke the landing gear.
Heres the plan. I want to rebuild from the ground up and replace the Arriss 40 amp esc's with Blhelies One Shot programing ESC's. Can i use the smaller ESC's like i use in my racing quads and relocate the to the center of the frame. This would shorten the power leads.
I also plan on using a regular PDB and do away with the Tarot built into the frame PDB. This way i can reroute all wiring cleanly to the Vector and of coarse reprogram the ESC's via BLHeli.

Sorry for the long post....What ESC's would you guys suggest? Using a 4cell battery and tarot 620 kv motors. Figure the Esc's shold be 30amp rated for 3 to 6cell use from Banggood.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2018, 09:09 AM
Hello,

I don't really have an ESC recommendation however if you continue to have issues, please open a support ticket and provide your config and log files. From your description I would say you are on the right path and that your ESCs are a likely cause of the crashes (especially the last one).

Regards, John

Quick Reply