Jul 07, 2018, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Clean Coal........Getcha Clean Coal right here ......step right up Now!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-car...163937331.html

As usual the Corporations want to "Privatize the Profits" BUT Socialize the problems............
Jul 07, 2018, 04:16 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
The customers of Duke paying for the cleanup is not socializing the problem, but rather having those that benefited pay for it.
Jul 07, 2018, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
The customers of Duke paying for the cleanup is not socializing the problem, but rather having those that benefited pay for it.

Oh those customers that have no choice of who to patronize?....like people that just moved into that territory.......etc.

Are those the ones you mean
Jul 07, 2018, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Bottom line of the post is that "clean coal" is just a lot of B/S
Jul 07, 2018, 04:47 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me11owman
Oh those customers that have no choice of who to patronize?....like people that just moved into that territory.......etc.

Are those the ones you mean
Yep, those people. The ones who benefited from cheap power all those years when Duke wasn't cleaning up after itself. And I think Obama closed the door on the "clean coal" idea.
Jul 07, 2018, 04:50 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by me11owman
Bottom line of the post is that "clean coal" is just a lot of B/S
Is that anything like "Clean Democrats"? When hell freezes over!
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Jul 07, 2018, 06:14 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
The good old days....
Quote:
About a month after Obama emerged victorious from the 2008 election, the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE), a “partnership of the industries involved in producing electricity from coal,” released an advertisement made up entirely of video excerpts from a speech he had given at a September 2008 campaign rally in Lebanon, Va. In the footage, Obama proclaimed that “clean coal technology” could make America “energy independent,” and expressed confidence that the pollution generated by coal combustion could be dealt with: “This is America. We figured out how to put a man on the moon in 10 years. You can’t tell me we can’t figure out how to burn coal that we mine right here in the United States of America and make it work.” The ad ran for months.
https://grist.org/climate-energy/how...ts-no-1-enemy/
Jul 07, 2018, 07:39 PM
LOL at thread title....
Jul 08, 2018, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
LOL at thread title....
Carnival Barker style

Quick Reply