Jun 25, 2019, 01:19 PM
I think not drewdb.

They are a lot of files to cover

I also am redesigning some parts of the fuselage.

For example, i want to make a removable top, from the canopy to the motor mount, to have better access to the electronics.

Also, i prefer to use symmetrical wing for 3d maneuvers.

I am going to increase the aileron size and have both ailerons and flaps. When in flight i use the aileron and flap as a single aileron, when landing i can switch to individual ailerons and flaps for short landings.

When in this mode i will only have half of the aileron size, that's why i want to increase the size of the ailerons.

And the rudder and elevator will also be a little more sportive

Maybe this is the birth of a new model...

Thanks for all the files and support drewdb.

I am curious why there isn't more people doing this. But that is a topic that surely make some people roll their eyes.

How was the reception of a hybrid construction model at the place where you fly?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 03:40 PM
Drew Buckley
Thread OP
I look forward to seeing your version. Sounds great. Will have to make one as well.

I think that's the great thing about this style of building is that anyone can modify parts and create new aspects and models. Fantastic.

Yes I get the impression that there are the people that just roll their eyes but I'm sure there were more people who rolled their eyes at fully 3D printed planes in the beginning.

People at my club love it and are fascinated. Always looking forward to seeing what I have done next.

Of course there are some of the older guys who just don't get it and or like it. Not sure why?
Jun 25, 2019, 03:49 PM
Drew Buckley
Thread OP
I've started redesigning the Fuse shape to make it more round and less boxy.

Still need to make the structure but it's a start.

Also will have to reduce the length by 3cm. Not sure about your plans but mine were 3cm too long which was a bit tail heavy.
Jun 25, 2019, 04:09 PM
You want to reduce and i want to increase.

The Kyosho calamato alpha 60 sports have always been in my wishing list.

Almost buyed the plane with an O.S. GT22 engine, but had to prioritize other things at the time...

Maybe this time...
Jun 25, 2019, 04:21 PM
Not in the 3D part yet.

I am taking my time with this.

I want to ensure that everything connects without problem.
Jun 25, 2019, 04:33 PM
This as nothing to do with the calmato, but it sure is a very interesting construction

LOCKHEED P2V5 NEPTUNE FAP 1:10 SCALE MODEL (6 min 58 sec)
Jun 25, 2019, 04:47 PM
Drew Buckley
Thread OP
Definitely.

Can certainly learn and apply techniques from other builds for sure.

You sound more organised than I. I was so focused on getting the Calmato in the air I designed and printed and build at the same time. That's why there may be some odd parts in my files.

Looking forward to seeing your Calmato version. New Plane for sure
Jul 03, 2019, 04:27 AM
Drew Buckley
Thread OP
Thanks Tettrasphere for the look at the lockheed design.

Currently this far in redesigning the original into a more round fuse.

New Cowl with a bonnet as well.

Hope your redesign is coming along great as well.
Jul 05, 2019, 03:47 PM
Nice work drewdd.

Unfortuanly i had to stop the work on the calmato. Before finding the work done by you i was doing another project with 3D printing and design.

I am currently designing new parts for my CNC and also designing and constructing some diode lasers with a friend of mine.

At least untill i design and print the parts for the CNC i must put this on stand-by. I must focus on this project first. But it is almost done.
Jul 05, 2019, 04:22 PM
Drew Buckley
Thread OP
That sounds like fun and will be quite handy when completed.

Quick Reply