Jan 08, 2019, 12:39 AM
Split S
Well this is pretty neat. How much do you think it cost to make the airframe? What happens if you leave the new printed airframe in a hot car?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2019, 09:31 PM
Awesome work and great color scheme on that bird!

I bought a couple of planes from a friend and included was a wing he had saved after crashing his Calmato, I guess the fuselage was too smashed to repair.. If you ever release the files, I will be able to build a fuselage for that wing and give it another chance to be in the skies. (rather than on a shelf)
Jan 10, 2019, 03:13 PM
I'm also interested in the stls. I know how much work goes into converting pdf plans into stls so I appreciate the work you have done to get the model to this stage!
Jan 10, 2019, 03:33 PM
I would love to get the stls, but if that is not an option, I might just try and make my own stls. This is a really great idea, and it obviously works
Jan 10, 2019, 06:37 PM
Hmmm.. I've spent a few hours in fusion360 tonight.. And I think I've got all of the parts for the actual fuselage done! Maybe there is time for a test print tomorrow!

Any tips regarding settings in slicer? I read 5% infill and one outer layer in the thread.. top and bottom?

Name: parts.jpg
Views: 89
Size: 214.3 KB
Description:
Jan 11, 2019, 03:33 AM
eYeboxFPV
DWG plans Calmato sport 40
http://rcplans.ru/calmato-40-sport/
Jan 16, 2019, 05:32 PM
I've uploaded some stl's to thingiverse.. They are not cut up in to smaller pieces yet, but it is a start!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3361103
Jan 17, 2019, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander85
I've uploaded some stl's to thingiverse..
Very nicely done - thank you for posting them.

I hope everything is ok with @drewdb, he hasn't posted here for a while...
Jan 17, 2019, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuv
Very nicely done - thank you for posting them.

I hope everything is ok with @drewdb, he hasn't posted here for a while...
Thank you! Yeah, it would be great to hear from drewdb.. Looking at the pictures in his pdf, it looks like he made some customizations which would be great to have
Jan 17, 2019, 04:40 PM
Quote:
I've uploaded some stl's to thingiverse.. They are not cut up in to smaller pieces yet, but it is a start!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3361103
Thanks!
Jan 19, 2019, 10:14 AM
Making progress
Jan 20, 2019, 07:30 AM
I would like to stress that this is a work in progress.. Many of the stl files that are on my thingiverse page are going to need some work and customization.. But it is looking very promising!
Jan 20, 2019, 01:40 PM
Quote:
I would like to stress that this is a work in progress
Rootin' for ya

Feb 01, 2019, 06:27 PM
So.. Progress has been slow lately, but I think I am about ready to glue the pieces together and begin covering with balsa.

I have no idea what the weight will be compared to the original fuselage, but I have printed this with 8% honeycomb infill, 2 top/bottom layers and 1 perimeter.

I've made some customizations to the original files.

*There is now a decent sized lipo compartment under the hatch in the front.
*I have made room for two lipo straps
* I've designed a hatch that is held in place with magnets in the back, and two pegs in the front
(and some other minor changes here and there).

I have one question. For covering this fuselage, what thickness is recommended for the balsa wood? (Or what thickness is used on the stock fuselage?)
Feb 05, 2019, 09:46 PM
Split S
This is too cool!

Quick Reply