Acro FS - From the makers of RealFlight!

Acro FS is a stick-and-rudder aerobatic hyper-realistic full-scale flight simulator. Jim Bourke's passion is full-scale competition aerobatics so he has created a sim that allows anyone to try it in his plane!

Splash

Fly Hard

Acro FS is a stick-and-rudder aerobatic flight simulator. Designed from the ground up to accurately simulate aerobatic flight, it allows you to experience what it’s like to strap into a high-performance stunt plane and take to the sky. There’s no navigation, no radios - just a lot of horsepower in a state of the art aircraft.

By Aviators, For Gamers

Acro FS is created by Jim Bourke, airshow pilot and member of the US Unlimited Aerobatic Team. You take the controls of “Fuzz Machine”, his modified Extra 330SC. Throttle up, build some speed, and take off to see what you can do with it.

The Box is Yours

Take off from Borrego Valley Airport, get some altitude, and dive into the box. Ground markings for the competition box are right where they are in California, so you can work on placing your sequence right where it needs to be.

Acro FS: Aerobatic Flight Simulator by Knife Edge Software (0 min 58 sec)

VR Support

For a truly immersive experience, use your Oculus, SteamVR, or Windows Mixed Reality headset. Look around the cockpit, check your gauges, or take a glance out the wing to make sure that 45-degree upline is true.

Hyperrealism

Acro FS is built using Unigine2, a cutting-edge large-world game engine. This gives the simulator tremendous realism, whether you’re looking down at the desert from 5000 feet or inspecting the instrument panel up close.

Racing

Test your skill against the clock, flying through inflatable pylons or holographic gates. Just be careful - the ground comes up fast!

Robust Flight Model

Under the hood, Acro FS is powered by the FlightAxis physics system. This predictive model simulates each component of the aircraft and integrates these effects into a total response. This allows Acro FS to model the exotic conditions created by aerobatic flight - there are no “blank spots” in the flight physics.

Photos

Link

Head over to the Acro FS site to learn more!

Jul 06, 2018, 02:52 PM
RCG Admin
Way cool! Downloading the Early Access Game right now.
Jul 06, 2018, 05:10 PM
Wow! Its here! I remember when this was in dev status. Downloading tonight, let's hope I dont get motion sick in the goggles...
Jul 06, 2018, 08:25 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Why uningine, instead of UE4?
Jul 07, 2018, 02:16 AM
Brett
I just tried this out briefly with my Rift

A few things:
- Everything seems pretty smooth, which is nice (I'm running a GTX1070 fwiw).
- The menus don't appear in VR at all. You have to lift your headset and use the mouse to navigate the menus on your screen. Not ideal.
- I was only able to launch the sim to the Rift by launching directly from the Steam desktop and selecting the OculusVR run option. When I tried to launch from the SteamVR interface, it would never load (it looks like it might be trying to launch for a SteamVR device by default).
- I'm not sure how to close the canopy. I didn't see a button for this in settings. At one point, after madly pressing buttons on the my joystick the canopy closed, but I'm now not sure what button it was.

I realize it's still early access, so I assume most of these things will get addressed. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one!

Quick Reply