Jul 06, 2018, 11:37 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc
Sideslip, from time to time I find the slot for the control horn has some sort of debris in there. I usually just dig it out with an Xacto and it fits fine. Same with the hole for the anti-rotation or some other areas a dab of glue or something might need trimmed slightly, no bid deal. Now your cowl/canopy area still surprises me but glad it was a quick fix.
Hi Jeff,

Yeah the canopy was easy. I just had to sand it carefully and it fits like a glove now. I didn't have a problem really with the elevator horns. I did look very closely in the slot where the horn was supposed to go, and it was pretty clear that the piece I was seeing was the joiner for the two elevator halfs. I figured it was easier to sand the horn to a custom fit rather than try to cut that joiner that was down inside the slot. Worked very well too.

See you thursday,

Bert
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2018, 02:58 PM
out to have fun
I'm looking for the all up weight of the printed scheme and the Da35 set up when Noil or someone else gets it done. A PM is fine if you don't want to post it. My v-1 is great but if I can shave a pound or a half then WOW
Jul 06, 2018, 03:03 PM
Eat a few less cheeseburgers and I'm sure you will loose a pound in no time.
Jul 06, 2018, 03:27 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Please don't talk about cheeseburgers Greg... I haven't had one since before Oct. 3rd, and I am really craving a Five Guys or In-N-Out burger!!! But yes, not eating them does help lose weight, 95 pounds lost as of yesterday!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jul 06, 2018, 03:28 PM
out to have fun
You should be out flying Greg
Jul 06, 2018, 04:03 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Please don't talk about cheeseburgers Greg... I haven't had one since before Oct. 3rd, and I am really craving a Five Guys or In-N-Out burger!!! But yes, not eating them does help lose weight, 95 pounds lost as of yesterday!!

SteveT.
Congratulations!
Losing weight is no easy task
Jul 06, 2018, 04:57 PM
Thanks Chino!!

SteveT.
Jul 06, 2018, 05:41 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:

SteveT.
Congralations Steve, thatís quite an achievement!
Those burgers really taste lousy. Keep telling yourself that, maybe youíll come to believe it
Jul 06, 2018, 05:46 PM
Thanks...and I try!!..

SteveT.
Jul 06, 2018, 06:09 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Wrong plane maybe, but we got some shouldering footage with my fried/bro Jimmy K's 3DHS 74" Edge. It's the old white one, but it's good enough. If there is any interest it's on Jimmy's camera and I can have it tomorrow night.

This kind of throws a potential wrench in my 74 Slick plans because I really like this plane. Still, I am now all about Slicks and Jimmy's plane will always be available, well, until I crash it, that is. Probably going with the Slick, but this Edge is sure tempting.
Jul 06, 2018, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92
You should be out flying Greg
I was swapping out the rudder servo on my 74 Slick from what I had to my preferred servo of choice for this size plane. Next up re hinging my 52 Slick rudder.
Jul 06, 2018, 06:44 PM
Team EFRC, Castle, BandE
Thread OP
Quote:

SteveT.
Congrats!
Jul 06, 2018, 07:18 PM
Thanks Jeff...

But sorry to drag your build thread off topic!!

SteveT.
Jul 06, 2018, 07:41 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Thanks Jeff...

But sorry to drag your build thread off topic!!

SteveT.
Steve, that's a great accomplishment. I hope you can keep it off and lose more if you're still trying.

I wish I could lose about 30 or 40 pounds. And my doc would still be on my case. He wants me to lose 60....Ha, ain't no way. I haven't been that light since high school. And back then I could go out and run or ride 30 miles on a bike. Can't do much of either one anymore. Still ride my bike....once in a while.

Back to the build thread.

I am pretty happy with the way mine is going . I have to program the ESC and hook things up. Shouldn't be long now. It would have been done sooner, but I very nearly screw up the rudder bad. I was trying to rush things a little and instead of using my old favorite Hysol for the hinges going into the Vert Stab I opened a new batch of 30 minute epoxy.

Wow that stuff went off in about 15 minutes and I was taking my time. When I realized that it was going off, I quickly tried to shove the rudder and gooey hinges into the stab. Well the epoxy one the hinges just balled up and pushed back off the hinges. So I had to quickly pull it all back apart and then using denatured alcohol clean everything up as quick as I could. I then waited a day and glued it up again, this time using Hysol 9462. It's all good now, but that new batch of epoxy might be miss labeled.

Fastest set I've ever seen on 30 minute epoxy. That leaves a really crummy feeling my gut when I do something like that.
Jul 06, 2018, 07:49 PM
Epoxy is very sensative to temperature and 15 minutes working time for 30 epoxy is not uncommon

Dennis

Quick Reply