Apr 16, 2019, 09:43 AM
Depends what airplane....RAGE makes 3ch. Planes which probably wouldn't work here.

You need a min. 5 channel brick.

I can only say for sure the Eflite UMX B25 brick works perfect.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2019, 10:12 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
If it's from a model with 5 channels, probably.
Apr 21, 2019, 02:16 AM
Waiting for the next clear day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Depends what airplane....RAGE makes 3ch. Planes which probably wouldn't work here.

You need a min. 5 channel brick.

I can only say for sure the Eflite UMX B25 brick works perfect.
Is there a location where I can get this brick new?

Thanks.

Tony
Apr 21, 2019, 07:13 AM
They are AR6410L bricks.

Surprisingly, even though discontinued...can still be found on ebay! From $35 lightly tested to $48 new from Hong Kong. Even the new ones are a steal as HH wanted $65 for them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...6410l&_sacat=0

Save this schematic!
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; May 07, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
Apr 22, 2019, 08:30 AM
Electric Coolhunter
I never tried the 1s version. To fly with some presence and power like a real Staggerwing, it was clear that it needed 2s power.

I bought the replacement Rage Staggerwing airframe and matched it up to a AS6410NBL rx with no servos on the board and added a separate rudder and elevator servo, plus one of the uMX two cell motors. I had scored a scratch built micro powered glider with these electronics installed for just 25 bucks at an RC swap meet and pulled them out for the Staggerwing.

Flies great!I

This great looking little Staggerwing REALLY needs and deserves 2s power.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Apr 22, 2019, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
I never tried the 1s version. To fly with some presence and power like a real Staggerwing, it was clear that it needed 2s power.

I bought the replacement Rage Staggerwing airframe and matched it up to a AS6410NBL rx with no servos on the board and added a separate rudder and elevator servo, plus one of the uMX two cell motors. I had scored a scratch built micro powered glider with these electronics installed for just 25 bucks at an RC swap meet and pulled them out for the Staggerwing.

Flies great!I

This great looking little Staggerwing REALLY needs and deserves 2s power.
I currently fly one on 1s and have a full spare airframe for a possible 2s conversion. I'll have the best of both worlds..lol.

Power is fine on 1s actually and the sound of the gears is really cool....I swear it almost sounds like a little scale engine. The plane makes a really cool sound on fly-bys.
Apr 22, 2019, 10:46 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Worth remembering that a Staggerwing does not look quite right wafting around like a Piper Cub.....
Apr 22, 2019, 12:34 PM
I'll most likely make my 2nd Staggerwing a 2s...just to see the difference.

Anyone here ever try to put different wheels on? I have a nice set (not foam) that fit perfectly, but the whole axle assmbly looks glued and very delicate.

I hate to ruin it by trying to make it better.
Jun 06, 2019, 10:00 AM
Michael S.
It looks like this will return from the dead. The latest issue of MAN has it as available. It still shows up on the ragerc.com site as sold out.

I built one out of pieces from ebay and it flys pretty good. Too bad you can't link a better Xmitter to it. (Or can you?)
Jun 06, 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstanleyfl
It looks like this will return from the dead. The latest issue of MAN has it as available. It still shows up on the ragerc.com site as sold out.

I built one out of pieces from ebay and it flys pretty good. Too bad you can't link a better Xmitter to it. (Or can you?)
I asked RAGE about that...they said no...

Best to get the ARF and put in a Spectrum brick. The UMX B25 brick works best..
Jun 06, 2019, 01:10 PM
Here is the link to the ARF version. (great price BTW)

https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts....ement-airframe
Jun 06, 2019, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla
Here is the link to the ARF version. (great price BTW)

https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts....ement-airframe
Problem is a decent new brick is about $65.

You can still find some on Ebay new...or just gut a UMX plane you don't fly anymore.

I posted diagrams a few pages back.
Jun 10, 2019, 09:11 AM
Michael S.
Amagalla that is what I did as well.
Jun 10, 2019, 10:31 AM
Electric Coolhunter
I might have to get another one as a spare. I flew mine at SMALL in Little Rock two weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot.

At the local RC swap meets, inexpensive used uMX models are easy to find. 1s models as little as 20 bucks and I have seen 2s Pitts Specials and Gee Bees go for 40 in decent flyable shape. Easy to find donors.
Jun 24, 2019, 09:25 AM
I just finished installing the brick in mine. I looks very impressive. I hope it flies half as well as it looks.

Tony

Quick Reply