Aug 22, 2019, 01:06 AM
The logging works well with the current versions of ArduPlane on an F405 wing. Downloading a larger log with Mission Planner only works via USB cable (or sdcard in PC).
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
The logging works well with the current versions of ArduPlane on an F405 wing. Downloading a larger log with Mission Planner only works via USB cable (or sdcard in PC).
Agree, what I found key was to disable logging unless ARMED. This way, when you DISARM, the logs will flush to flash and avoid corrupted SD cards.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:39 AM
Logging only when armed is standard? I didn't set anything there.
Aug 22, 2019, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper
Nope, I can't find it in the parameters list. I'm on Arducopter version 3.6.10

yup, sorry, that addition obviously hasn‘t made it into copter yet. we have it in plane, rover, sub and tracker - not in copter though ;(
Aug 22, 2019, 02:53 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by vierfuffzig
yup, sorry, that addition obviously hasn‘t made it into copter yet. we have it in plane, rover, sub and tracker - not in copter though ;(
I flashed the latest LATEST Arducopter firmware yesterday (3.7.0) and the OSD FLTIME option is there.
Aug 22, 2019, 03:47 PM
@van yup, it‘s in master too, not in copter release type versions though.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I flashed the latest LATEST Arducopter firmware yesterday (3.7.0) and the OSD FLTIME option is there.
Saw this today and thought of you.

Aug 22, 2019, 11:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by xionuav
saw this today and thought of you.

love it!!!!!
Aug 23, 2019, 06:08 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
3.7.0-FIRMWARE_VERSION_TYPE_DEV is the DEVELOPER version and is NOT guaranteed to be stable. The latest STABLE release is 3.6.10.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:27 PM
I'm planning to finally maiden my first Arduplane tomorrow. Really excited. However after several hours of preparing it I'm still struggling with the following errors:

- ESC BAD CRC
- BAD AHRS
- In stabilized modes, ailerons are compensating into the wrong direction.

From what I read, the last 2 points might be connected. I did the accelerometer calibration twice though and it went through without errors. The artificial horizon in MP is moving correctly. Board orientation is set correctly. (Of course all stick inputs are also correct.)

Someone wrote that BAD AHRS might go away by simply going out into open space, which I will see about tomorrow. But I'm really unsure what to try concerning the inverted aileron compensation, especially since the other surfaces seem to compensate correctly.

As for BAD CRC - I never managed to get BLheli to work via passthrough (so far) with AP. The calibration was previously done on another model (still on INAV where BLheli passthrough worked for me). The motor seems to spin up and down correctly though. I read somewhere that the error might not affect flying. Is it absolutely necessary to get rid of it? I never tried ESC calibration (if this is a calibration issue at all) in MP, so if the answer is yes I might try that.

Thanks in advance!
Aug 23, 2019, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747TestPilot
I'm planning to finally maiden my first Arduplane tomorrow. Really excited. However after several hours of preparing it I'm still struggling with the following errors:

- ESC BAD CRC
- BAD AHRS

From what I read, the last 2 points might be connected. I did the accelerometer calibration twice though and it went through without errors. The artificial horizon in MP is moving correctly. Board orientation is set correctly. (Of course all stick inputs are also correct.)

Someone wrote that BAD AHRS might go away by simply going out into open space, which I will see about tomorrow. But I'm really unsure what to try concerning the inverted aileron compensation, especially since the other surfaces seem to compensate correctly.

As for BAD CRC - I never managed to get BLheli to work via passthrough (so far) with AP. The calibration was previously done on another model (still on INAV where BLheli passthrough worked for me). The motor seems to spin up and down correctly though. I read somewhere that the error might not affect flying. Is it absolutely necessary to get rid of it? I never tried ESC calibration (if this is a calibration issue at all) in MP, so if the answer is yes I might try that.

Thanks in advance!
Ailerons moving wrong= crash guaranteed....reverse servo outputs in servo tab of mission planner..
Better yet follow this guide exactly... http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/fpv-plane.html
Aug 23, 2019, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747TestPilot
I once have the same exact problem simply because the servo pin is wrongly connected/swapped and the elevator is reversed in the radio calibration menu. Might be the same, hope it does help you
Aug 23, 2019, 07:55 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Ok well I have things just about going now, servos moving, gps reading, motor spinning up...... now I am trying to figure out the flight modes. I have the basic three ( RTL, FBWa, Manual) but I am going to need more than that. I have been reading about how to use mixes in the radio to get the PWM values to the correct range for multiple flight modes.

I am having an issue in understanding how you go about figuring this out. I can see the values changing on the radio calibration screen, but when going to the flight mode screen only one of the switches moves the flight mode. I have read through the Wiki on the Ardupilot page, but that makes no sense to me.

I know each radio is different so I am not expecting an "exact" answer, but what is the formula or path that is used to get the values to function correctly?
Aug 23, 2019, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
Ailerons moving wrong= crash guaranteed....reverse servo outputs in servo tab of mission planner..
Better yet follow this guide exactly... http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/fpv-plane.html
Hi Atx, I still even have the PDF version of your guide from before it was integrated into the AP documentation. I was planning to go through it for the very final checks. For now I was going through my own list of things still unchecked. Ailerons are actually moving correctly in all modes when controlled by sticks, only the compensation seemed to be wrong but I'll re-check that again.

Problem is that I've been at this project for months, but with many interruptions of sometimes several weeks. I've been keeping notes all the time, but I still wouldn't recommend doing it this way if it can be avoided - too easy to lose focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAdhito
I once have the same exact problem simply because the servo pin is wrongly connected/swapped and the elevator is reversed in the radio calibration menu. Might be the same, hope it does help you
Thanks, I'll re-check for any inversions in radio calibration and also on the transmitter.
Aug 23, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie_man
Ok well I have things just about going now, servos moving, gps reading, motor spinning up...... now I am trying to figure out the flight modes. I have the basic three ( RTL, FBWa, Manual) but I am going to need more than that. I have been reading about how to use mixes in the radio to get the PWM values to the correct range for multiple flight modes.

I am having an issue in understanding how you go about figuring this out. I can see the values changing on the radio calibration screen, but when going to the flight mode screen only one of the switches moves the flight mode. I have read through the Wiki on the Ardupilot page, but that makes no sense to me.

I know each radio is different so I am not expecting an "exact" answer, but what is the formula or path that is used to get the values to function correctly?
I think there are several ways to do this and I had to watch multiple videos until I found one that explained it in a way I understood. In fact I think setting up the flight modes without a 6 position switch was one of the most complicated things in AP for a beginner like me.

I think this was the video that helped me do it:

OpenTX Tip: 6 Positions from 2 switches (9 min 13 sec)

Quick Reply