How to make our planes beautiful. - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jul 07, 2018, 12:33 PM
Hang surround the cabin. First, the vertical walls and cut the tape on the face. Then the top face.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2018, 12:41 PM
Execution of inscriptions and numbers is the most difficult and takes a lot of time. But without them, the plane is not beautiful enough.
I put black tape on THE Oracle's substrate, cut out the figure and transfer it to yellow. Then I cut the contour and use a portable film to glue on the plane.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 07, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:46 PM
Just tape. All the strips were pasted with his hands, only the letters with the help of portable tape.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:53 PM
Details of the application of letters.
Let's draw some letters.
Not many people know how to draw or work in graphic programs.
So propose a an alternative option write different texts on their favorite jets.
To do this, you need a camera and a little to be able to photograph. I went to the hardware store and found a lot of beautiful inscriptions and words. I will hope that good designers worked on corporate letters. They help us. I take the camera and in the" macro " I photograph the word or picture I like. After copying the image to the computer and increasing to the desired size, I translate from the screen to the tracing paper, and from it I make a stencil.

With the help of the camera, you can distort the image, give the text a dynamic or a certain direction.

During the translation of the text on the tracing paper can be available letters to make other words--Anlanta--atlant- - - atlantic--Skarlett--airlett-airletting--Magitec--magic-well, and so on. And no need to come up with names for your favorite birds-here they are.So you can do with pictures and logos, do not like the whole picture completely, it can be modified, corrected, take as a basis and alter.
I will draw bukovki. There are a lot of drawings and fonts on the Internet-you can find a drawing, remember, display it on the screen in the right scale and translate it to a tracing-paper with a pencil. I'm using a Dacron tracing paper.Pencil apply harder - do not press hard-you can damage the monitor. It is possible to use plastic rulers transparent. To make it easier to work, put the monitor on the table horizontally. Finding on the Internet like the font type word by letter. I translate on a tracing-paper directly from the screen. I can just draw it myself.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:58 PM
The sequence of application of the inscription. First I draw a word on paper, then stick the tape on the substrate and on top of the paper with the text, all fixed with masking tape to the Mat, so that nothing is shifted.

When I cut the stencil, you can twist the Mat, on the principle of a jigsaw, the knife in place everything else turns. Then cut through all the paper, control the depth of cut, do not cut the substrate.

I remove unnecessary tape, glue on top of the portable film and tear it off with the letters and transfer to the wing. I smooth a strip of foam and remove the film, please note, the film bend back and pull, then the letters do not rise.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 07, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Jul 07, 2018, 01:01 PM
And a small inscription on a light airplane.
Jul 07, 2018, 01:04 PM
The sequence of manufacturing multicolored inscriptions.
Jul 07, 2018, 01:15 PM
The BRILLIANT TEMPTATION to Use shiny Dacron tape is not to be confused with aluminum! At the hardware store met with Mylar tape.
Like a magpie on a shiny.Bought fire to use.
Decided to bukovki paste on a homemade copter friend.
Transferring the image from the monitor copy in a few instances, the number of labels and begin.
The shiny inscription looks good in flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=uR6Wlygwdus
Jul 07, 2018, 01:24 PM
When there is nothing to do in the evenings, I decorate planes. Many places are not required to put the TV coffee table and watching football I draw words. On the window I translate the inscription on the tracing paper with her on the tape and on the airplane.
Jul 07, 2018, 07:06 PM
OliverW
Do you have a method to get the tape to not randomly come off?
Jul 07, 2018, 07:06 PM
OliverW
In flight I mean. I had some rip off a plane recently.
Jul 08, 2018, 03:32 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegss
And a small inscription on a light airplane.
I don't have good cutting skills. So I only do simply cutting and freehand drawing.

I want to add some letters to my little Long EZ, but I don't think I can cut letters that small.
Jul 09, 2018, 05:25 AM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverW
In flight I mean. I had some rip off a plane recently.
I spray the area that is to be covered by tape with a coat of 3m No77 Spray Adhesive. Allow it to dry to a slightly tacky finish and then apply your tape. B3 sure to use an old credit or gift card to smooth out the tape and to help press the tape down against the adhesive
Jul 09, 2018, 07:25 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
I bought some tape from Banggood and have had real good luck with it. Not as elaborate as
olegss but enough to get good orientation.

Jul 09, 2018, 08:05 PM
I have used the glass method. You can lay the tape out on the glass, sticky side down. You put the image of what you want under the glass, trace, cut, slice and dice it up. Use straight edges, french curves, coke bottles, cans, anything that will give you the curve or circle you need. Peel off everything you do not want.

Then apply press and seal to the image you have made. carefully peel up the tape, it is stuck to the press and seal so it stays together.

Apply to your plane, press down real well with a burnishing tool. I found the bondo squeegees work well. Then carefully peel of the press and seal, iron down the tape and you are good to go.

I take no credit for this, as I read about using this with monocote so I just changed it up a bit and used it with tape.

Buzz.

Quick Reply