How to make our planes beautiful. - RC Groups
Jul 05, 2018, 11:30 AM
Discussion

How to make our planes beautiful.

The beauty of the thing is evil.

For a long time I am fond of the construction of aircraft and always try to make them beautiful.
I start with the easiest option of pasting with tape.
That's actually all of the tool.
As "not dirty" and not expensive alternative to an airbrush, and the nitro is a taping tape. Almost nothing from the instrument, the knife, the tape, the substrate from ORACAL. You can do the process at home in the kitchen.
Some designs are decorated with adhesive tape.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 05, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2018, 03:59 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Excellent work, Olegss. You have perfected the art of Tapeography.
Jul 05, 2018, 09:57 PM
WOW those look very nice.

The sail plane, are there plans for it?

Buzz.
Jul 06, 2018, 01:30 AM
How do you get such a nice fi ish with no lines. I've got hk packing tape and I'm quite disappointed with it. Thr colour is very translucent and the methods of building require to overlap the tape which creates stripes
Jul 06, 2018, 11:34 AM
Thank you "brothers - pilots" for interest to my topic.
Continue the story of the intricacies of the decoration film.
About the tool.
For quality work it is surprisingly small.
Mat for cutting.
Triangular knives with a round handle.
Scissors.
Thin transparent paper-for drawing.
And sticky film-to transfer the image( used in advertising, to work with films)
In the box-my "paint". Rolls of Scotch I advise you to store in bags. Otherwise, dust and dirt may stick to the ends.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 06, 2018 at 12:02 PM.
Jul 06, 2018, 11:37 AM
Small subtleties of drawing with tape.
I try not to tape the whole plane.
First, the weight, second, when applying the strip changes the tone and visible overlay layers. So all my band stickers in the width of the roll.

Regarding the transparency of the tape.
When sealing planes only black and yellow overlap without a noticeable change in color saturation. Other colors you need to try to glue the butt joints or with minimal overlap.You can of course and in two layers then the color will be as bright as possible.
Show.
I recommend to make a sample before starting work.
Jul 06, 2018, 11:42 AM
A simple example to show the technology to work.
The plane is better to paste over in disassembled form. I assure you, it is more qualitative.
Then we collect all the wings, tails and glue.
Start pasting stabilizer skochem, choose the colors brighter.
Marking the width of the stripes.They should be glued with overlapping 2-3mm. the Main problem of pasting-folds, tape should be applied without them, there are two ways to glue the end to a wooden ruler (to the tree it sticks worse) and apply to the stabilizer.The second way-glue in the end of the table and bring the item.
I cut the strip with an allowance of 6-7mm, to bend to the other side.Radii cut into strips.
Now it's the red line.Here is the second way-glue to the end of the table.
I cut the film on the weight with a very sharp knife, or a razor, or scissors. Color glue from the tape adheres to the blade it needs to be washed off more often with gasoline for lighters, alcohol, without waiting for it to begin to distort the cutting line.The film turns to the other side.On this side of the glued skocht can be cut without the allowance for the gate, it is very well glued to itself and" closes the circle " pasting.
I wipe the entire plane with a light pressure with a dry cloth and proceed to welding with an iron, on a trial piece I determined the temperature of heating and marked it with a pencil on the iron regulator.The process begins with the angle of the spout and the entire stabilizer warms the spout, first you can see well, secondly the sole of the iron is heated unevenly and the middle is hotter-better at the first stage not to risk.When you feel the material and the temperature can be all ironed.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 06, 2018 at 11:50 AM.
Jul 06, 2018, 11:51 AM
About the cabin.
Paste the tape on the protective backing from the film ORACAL. It is covered with a special compound and the tape does not stick strongly.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 06, 2018 at 11:56 AM.
Jul 06, 2018, 12:03 PM
A simple example of pasting birds for a children's holiday.
Or boxes for the transport of aircraft.
I advise you to practice on simple examples to feel the material.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 06, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
Jul 06, 2018, 10:31 PM
OliverW
Great tips! Do you have plans for the cosmic wind? I love the golden age racers, and if so what type of foam?
Jul 07, 2018, 11:53 AM
Dear OliverW-here is an article on this aircraft written by me.

http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f81/thread353959.html

Since this theme is about coloring planes, we will not be distracted. Any questions about Scotch?

Later I will tell you how to paint this plane.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 07, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
Jul 07, 2018, 11:55 AM
Now paste over the dimensional plane. If there is an opportunity to work with disassembled. It's much more convenient.
As an example, my favorite MINI FLASH. I started flying this plane. This is a three-dimensional option.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 07, 2018 at 12:14 PM.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:16 PM
Another airplane.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:21 PM
Beautiful aircraft, nice flying.
MVI 2005 (1 min 43 sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0TMvW98APxc
This coloring is clearly visible in flight.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:26 PM
I show how to stick not butt, with gaps and quite large. Cut directly on the wing, for this raceplay substrate in the desired place with masking tape. Then I paste an adhesive tape and I cut off as it is necessary on a transparent ruler, through it it is well visible.
Last edited by olegss; Jul 07, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply