Durafly Supermarine Seafire MkIIB

Durafly's new Supermarine Seafire MkIIB brings a unique "what if" trim scheme to the market and it looks absolutely fantastic.

Splash

Pacific Scheme

Durafly's new Supermarine Seafire MkIIB brings a unique "what if" trim scheme to the market and it looks absolutely fantastic. It doesn't matter if it didn't actually exist, the Pacific color scheme on this plane really stands out. They also give you 3 different decal sets, so you can make the version you like the best.

The model comes with split flaps, electric retracts, ball link control hardware, LED lights and some really nice scale details. The wingspan is 1100mm and it comes as a PNF model with all electronics leaving you to provide just a receiver and a 3S or 4S lipo battery. It's a one of kind model that is in stock right now at HobbyKing for $195.65.

Check out the Durafly Supermarine Seafire MkIIB Here

Features:

• PNF, simply add Rx and Lipo battery
  • EPO foam construction
  • Wide flight envelope with stable and scale flight performance
  • Quick assembly
  • Highly detailed scale finish
  • Pacific Theater color scheme
  • Choice of 3 decal markings
  • Pre-installed scale electric retracts
  • Ball Links on all controls
  • Functional scale split flaps
  • Scale outline and fittings
  • Operating pre-installed navigation LED lighting
  • Steerable tailwheel
  • Can be flown on 3 or 4S

Specs:

• Wingspan: 1100mm (43.3")
  • Length: 1000mm (39.3")
  • Flying Weight: 1200~1250g (45~48oz)
  • ESC: Aerostar 50A
  • Motor: Aerostar 3536 770KV Brushless
  • Prop: 11.25x7 3-Blade
  • Servos: 6 x 9g

Jul 05, 2018, 10:59 AM
Arrowhead
What, no functional scale tail hook?
Jul 05, 2018, 11:07 AM
Dumb Model....Throwing more stuff to see what sticks on the wall.....
Jul 05, 2018, 11:53 AM
Cool model. Like that they tried something new. Now I might actually buy my first Spit.
Jul 05, 2018, 12:09 PM
luschengerman
boring boring boring i am so tired of hobbykings senseation new things.

in the past i was a good customer for hobbyking but here and now i order more and more my things in other warehouses.
Jul 05, 2018, 12:14 PM
Cool plane. Nerd-bird scale fanatics can buy some other Spitfire(then agonize over the tire tread or pilot's skin tone or whatver...) It might not be for everybody, but then nothing is.. Respect to HK for being willing to think outside the box - then act on it.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:15 PM
Uhhh.... No. While the plane itself is nice, the paint scheme is 100% F4U Corsair.

There are several American paint schemes for the spitfire, some look relatively decent.

Better yet, Durafly could have opted for an Australian scheme as they DID fly Spitfires in the Pacific.

Why offer something completely wrong historically when actual US paint schemes existed.
Nothing to do with nerd scale or anything, but limiting your market reach for a product isn't the smartest when many people that do care about authentic scale representations probably won't buy this plane.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:16 PM
"Bible Thumper"
I would rather see a 1400~1600mm Bugatti R100 with a contra rotating motor and a "what if" paint job...and a 1600mm version of the Wingnetic.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:45 PM
RCG Admin
I don't care if it's scale, it looks awesome to me.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:56 PM
Brett
There were actually blue-painted American Spitfires used for photo-recon. I wonder why they just didn't do one of those?
Jul 05, 2018, 02:05 PM
luschengerman
Yes more big planes! 1600mm 1800mm
Jul 05, 2018, 02:10 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Looks great. Who cares if its a fantasy colour scheme. It is a toy after all!
Good job HK

Paitently waiting for the bigger avios spitfire though. Unfortunately for me, 1100mm is a little small for my old eyes.
Jul 05, 2018, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee
There were actually blue-painted American Spitfires used for photo-recon. I wonder why they just didn't do one of those?
exactly.... Some even had invasion stripes too.
The Navy flew some spitfires over Europe as recon plane's as you said while the US Army had several squadrons also. But all in Europe and the Mediterranean theater.
The US did not fly spitfires in the Pacific.
A what if is fine and dandy for those that don't care anything about history.

Attached photo is my Australian Spitfire(86" wingspan).
Also have a German Spitfire and two British scheme aircraft.
I wouldn't mind having an American spitfire, but would be the recon blue scheme with invasion stripes.
Jul 05, 2018, 02:14 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss
exactly.... Some even had invasion stripes too.
Here's a great short film about one:

SPITFIRE 944 (14 min 39 sec)
Jul 05, 2018, 02:17 PM
*Me having fun flying my Seafire around*

Quick Reply