Jun 23, 2019, 12:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
That hair pin is a good trick. Are you using an accel on this latest build or gyros only?
Until now gyro only. In the near future i will use gps assisted modes.
Since it basically works in F i am porting it to iNav right now.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2019, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
The last few weeks i did not feel like looking for a quiet place to test the helicopter. To be honest after it is basically working it is just half that interesting to me.

So for now i grabbed the variable pitch quad from the beginning of this thread and started to clean up the messy cabling.
Also i got rid of the unneeded central motor mounts that were used for the belt-drive.

The saved weight will give room for a decent battery mount and perhaps for a higher landing gear.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:37 AM
Thread OP

Call it Mr. Long Nose

Its done!
By cleaning up the wiring and removing unneeded parts i could save approximately 50 g to 60 g.
Adding a battery tray added some grams but it is still lighter than before.

Dry weight: 1483 g
Weight including a 6s 2700 mAh lipo: 1851 g
Jul 25, 2019, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woga65
Until now gyro only. In the near future i will use gps assisted modes.
Since it basically works in F i am porting it to iNav right now.
That sounds like a great port. Looking forward to watching your build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woga65
It‘s done!
By cleaning up the wiring and removing unneeded parts i could save approximately 50 g to 60 g.
Adding a battery tray added some grams but it is still lighter than before.

Dry weight: 1483 g
Weight including a 6s 2700 mAh lipo: 1851 g
Great job on the build and the weight savings. With the weight savings it can carry a camera now for free.
Aug 08, 2019, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
That sounds like a great port. Looking forward to watching your build

Great job on the build and the weight savings. With the weight savings it can carry a camera now for free.
After the small one successfully moved to iNAV i also mounted a GPS to the big one which added 33 g to her weight. Since it is far away from any high current source i am using the built in magnetometer of the FC.

Video of the small one:

Chinook style Bicopter with INAV (1 min 14 sec)

Quick Reply