Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Pecan Patch Fly In 2018 - RCGroups Coverage

Check out the Pecan Patch Fly In 2018 - RCGroups Coverage

Splash

What a Fantastic Event!

This past weekend was the Pecan Patch Fly In and Pool Party and man was it a total blast! Mark and Judy have an incredible facility for an event like this and more than 70 pilots turned out to enjoy the weather and good times. The event was sponsored by ReadyMadeRC and in years past it was an FPV specific event, but now it is opened up to everything which made for a lot more action on the field. The FPV guys didn't mind either because they are usually flying way out in the fields leaving the runway open for line of sight flying.

It was great to see and hangout with so many friendly faces and flying buddies. There were featured events like wing gaggles, a 3D Demo, fireworks show, night flying, the Final Countdown, an adult beverage drop, music playing and raffle prizes. Judy and company were putting out some great food too! It's all about the fun at this event, it's low key, low stress and there's no better way to spend a weekend.

Check out the videos below and then the photos in reply to see what you missed out on. If you couldn't make it this year, you better start planning to get there next time!

Jul 02, 2018, 11:38 AM
RCG Admin
Event Photos!
Jul 02, 2018, 12:36 PM
wow love all of it. Thanks so much Jason for being a part of our dreams. You really captured the event so good.
Jul 02, 2018, 02:10 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Well done son!
Latest blog entry: Workbench buddy
Jul 02, 2018, 03:35 PM
Outlaw
Great stuff Jason! Thanks for comming down and great hanging out with ya!!!
Latest blog entry: FPV 250 Cruiser Quad
Jul 02, 2018, 09:55 PM
Manager Escape and Evasion
Fantastic coverage, Jason. Best Pecan Patch blowout, yet. So much fun. Thanks to Marko and Judy for a great event and also, RMRC for their support. It doesn't get much better, but we'll keep trying. And, thanks to RC Groups for the coverage. Well done.
Jul 02, 2018, 11:28 PM
aka: Tom Southern
My first time at the Pecan Patch, my son and I had a blast! Our favorite event we've been to. Mark and Judy work very hard to make you feel at home. The pool was awesome, as were all the people there. This event is now at the top priority of my must attend list, y'all come check it out.
Jul 03, 2018, 02:38 PM
Suppressed
Had a Blast!! I always look forward to making it out to the patch for an event whenever I can. Cant wait till the next big event Mark!! Thank you and Judy again for having everyone out. Yall always make everyone feel right at home.
Jul 03, 2018, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicgraph
Had a Blast!! I always look forward to making it out to the patch for an event whenever I can. Cant wait till the next big event Mark!! Thank you and Judy again for having everyone out. Yall always make everyone feel right at home.
Thanks Jimmy......... (and Congrats )
Jul 03, 2018, 05:20 PM
MK
MK
What happened to the KLM?
Jul 03, 2018, 08:21 PM
Just Plane Crazy

Nice job!

Jason:

Awesome videos and photo coverage. Many people do not understand how much time and effort it takes to edit and post.

Thank you for the time and effort. I could imagine what the event was like by watching your videos and viewing your photos.

Bravo!

Paul
Jul 03, 2018, 10:22 PM
RCG Admin
Thanks man. It’s work, but happy to share the fun for those that can’t attend. Looking forward to the next one!
Jul 05, 2018, 10:15 AM
AWESOME coverage Jason! Great seeing ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
What happened to the KLM?
Devastation and destruction. Heartbreak. Cops. Angry neighbor. Hemorrhoids.

Lost elevator control (just dont say radio failure).
Jul 05, 2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
AWESOME coverage Jason! Great seeing ya!

Devastation and destruction. Heartbreak. Cops. Angry neighbor. Hemorrhoids.

Lost elevator control (just dont say radio failure).
The cops came because "I" called them, lol

Quick Reply