Sep 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

Flickering image

I recently purchased a tiny leader hd quad that has a Caddx Turtle V2 installed.

I have some camera related issues.

1) When I choose 60fps, the fpv image starts to flicker. The 30fps and 120fps modes don't have this issue.

2) The bigger issue: when I start recording, the fpv image starts to flicker and it's hard to see things. Changing modes doesn't seem to affect this.

Anyone has ideas how to solve these? Most importantly 2)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2019, 05:43 AM
I got interrupted but it seemed to work out well and I made some friends. Althuogh I didn't reallly do any crazy flying that day I tried something a little different with the Caddx Turtle v2. In the end it worked out well and just posting any bored flyers some inspiration

They call me FRED (bang bang) | Caddx Turtle V2 | FPV FREESTYLE VIDEO | 3 inch drone | Gecko (2 min 17 sec)
Sep 30, 2019, 12:47 AM
aka CatsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellux
I recently purchased a tiny leader hd quad that has a Caddx Turtle V2 installed.

I have some camera related issues.

1) When I choose 60fps, the fpv image starts to flicker. The 30fps and 120fps modes don't have this issue.

2) The bigger issue: when I start recording, the fpv image starts to flicker and it's hard to see things. Changing modes doesn't seem to affect this.

Anyone has ideas how to solve these? Most importantly 2)
I'm not familiar with that quad but this sounds like the voltage being fed to the camera is "dirty". Is there a capacitor across the battery input leads?
Oct 16, 2019, 02:00 AM
I use the Caddx Turtle V1 in a 5" build . With the default lense and its wide viewing angle I see too much of my front props.

Does anyone know a alternative lense with an integrated IR filter and a higher focal width and thus no or less fisheye effect?
Oct 18, 2019, 09:30 AM
I found that when the camera is set to NTSC instead of PAL (Im in Germany) the FPV image does not have a flicker, it was like a strobe light black and whit flicker.On PAL and 4:3 Ratio I have a great FPV picture. I have a Caddx Turtle V2 with Jan 19 Firmware.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:39 PM
heads up. https://www.banggood.com/Caddx-Turtl...r_warehouse=UK

Caddx Turtle v2

currently only 39.45 with free delivery
Oct 24, 2019, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotux
I use the Caddx Turtle V1 in a 5" build . With the default lense and its wide viewing angle I see too much of my front props.

Does anyone know a alternative lense with an integrated IR filter and a higher focal width and thus no or less fisheye effect?
I answer my questiony myself and will go for the "Foxeer New 2.5mm 110 Degree F2.0 M12x0.5mm Lens IR Blocked".
Oct 27, 2019, 04:50 PM
Any issues with the video FPV feed signal degrades significantly with distance?
And when the card is full, the message blocks the screen. I read someone had such issues.

It's now for 2/3 of a price comparing to the Spilt. Had to order one...

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/GvKm0jL8Qk
Oct 29, 2019, 02:49 PM
Back up to 52 now

I bought 2 at 39. They arrived with a lens that looked different from the Turbo Eye lens, so I contacted BG and told them. Think some versions of the V2 came with polycarbonate lenses instead if glass. They refunded me the cost of one of the cameras.

So it was 2 for 39, and I already have spare LS104 lenses for them, so I’m chuffed with that.

Quick Reply