Aug 16, 2019, 07:49 PM
I read somewhere that there is a March 2019 version, but I never saw where to download it

Edit...
I found here:
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...evice-Protocol

According the file stamp, it's March 2019 version.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk
Last edited by Durete; Aug 16, 2019 at 07:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 10:32 PM
high.. with feet on the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durete
I read somewhere that there is a March 2019 version, but I never saw where to download it

Edit...
I found here:

My turttle v2 came with it (March 2019) from RDQ.
Please I want to you let me know when you update it if you find blurry edges with the new firmware.. mine has it :'(
Aug 17, 2019, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Edit...
I found here:

Thats actualy the same January 2019 firmware. If someone has newer, please share.
Aug 17, 2019, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Thats actualy the same January 2019 firmware. If someone has newer, please share.
Yes, you are right.
Tested just now and is january 24 2019 firmware.
Aug 19, 2019, 11:54 AM
high.. with feet on the ground
Quote:
Yes, you are right.
Tested just now and is january 24 2019 firmware.
March 2019 my screen shows
Aug 19, 2019, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodher12
March 2019 my screen shows
Caddx ships new cameras with this FW, but doesn't share it with us.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:54 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Caddx ships new cameras with this FW, but doesn't share it with us.
Which is a good enough reason on its own to not buy their products.

Based on this business model from caddx, any item you buy from them that requires firmware will be outdated instantly.

This is the biggest reason why I won't even consider the tarsier.
Aug 19, 2019, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
Which is a good enough reason on its own to not buy their products.

Based on this business model from caddx, any item you buy from them that requires firmware will be outdated instantly.

This is the biggest reason why I won't even consider the tarsier.
I almost agree with you. It is really dissapointing that they don't release newer firmwares. They used to list the firmware updates on their website, but (probably) due to the high rate of the bricked devices after the firmware updates they decided not to distribute the firmware files. All the newer firmware version files we have are leaked from the partners or other sources. E.g. newest firmware file, January 2019 was listed on Happymodel website (http://www.happymodel.cn/index.php/2...f-the-footage/).
For this I like Happymodel and a bit dislike the Caddx.
Aug 23, 2019, 03:56 AM
Hi,
I my caddx Turtle (I have board V1.2) stopped working. I have no sign of the board powering on (no led) and no FPV feed from the camera. I think that I fried the board. On close inspection, I cannot find the component missing o fried.
I'd like to understand if I can salvage something: can I replace my v1.2 board with v2? Did someone tried that?
Thanks in advance!
Aug 23, 2019, 07:23 AM
I cannot answer your question about replacement but dying DVR boards are quite common for the Turtle. Had already two of them, one with my Beta 85X HD and the other on my iFlight CineBee 75 HD. Both happend during the first hour of flights.
Luckily both vendors have sent me replacement parts for free. But as I also mailed with Caddix before asking the vendors, their assistance was badly lacking, just asking back if the LED is still lighting and then no more answer.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerdS
I cannot answer your question about replacement but dying DVR boards are quite common for the Turtle. Had already two of them, one with my Beta 85X HD and the other on my iFlight CineBee 75 HD. Both happend during the first hour of flights.
Luckily both vendors have sent me replacement parts for free. But as I also mailed with Caddix before asking the vendors, their assistance was badly lacking, just asking back if the LED is still lighting and then no more answer.
Thanks for the answer, I am sorry (and a bit worried to be honest...) to hear that so many Caddx boards are unreliable. I managed to find the same v1.2 board at my local RC store and I bought it for 25. I hope it will last for a while
Sep 02, 2019, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
Anybody here know what value this capacitor is and what it's for?

My board has this missing. I still get fpv feed and HD recording but sometimes I get some lag in the fpv feed and dropblock files.

EDIT: Issues resolved for capacitor and dropblock issues.
How did you fix the dropblock issue? I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. I can't see anything wrong with my vtx board, at least on the surface.
Sep 03, 2019, 03:19 AM
I have found out that fpv stream lagging and dropped blocks are mainly caused by a too slow or an almost full microSD card. If you have already a fast card, try formatting it via the Caddx menu.
Sep 04, 2019, 01:51 AM
I just ordered a 128gb for $12

https://bit.ly/2lwvT7O

Has good reviews hoping it will work with this.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:49 PM
I have two Turtles that have suddenly lost the ability to output video. They record, but no signal. I've tried both the solder pads and the plug. Checking with a multimeter they have continuity between the CVBS pads and ground which doesn't seem right. I can't see any bad solder joints, drips, or stray wires and I did unsolder the video wire and I still see this continuity.

Can anyone confirm your Turtle doesn't have continuity on those pads when powered down?

Edit:

I was running off of a 9V regulator. Which is working. I switched to 5v power and now the FPV feed works.....who knows.
Last edited by notamedclosed; Sep 21, 2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Fixed it?

Quick Reply