Jul 26, 2018, 09:48 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
shipping at BG most likely is done is bulk. i.e. wait for an outgoing container/truck trailer load to fill completely , before sending out for processing and shipping.
-just another of the many reasons why it can be so cheap.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2018, 10:56 PM
Hey guys, here is a seller you can consider if you are going to get one of this cam
Jul 27, 2018, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Does anyone have a link to a newer firmware version? Like the one mentioned by Albert Kim in his vid.

I emailed Caddx but have not heard back.

The current one I have is Version 1.1 dated 14-Jul-2018.
Got mine today here in Germany searching for the lastest firmware, too

edit: my turtle is crashing after a few seconds if i put a sd card in (testet 3 different ones)... firmware jul 14 2018 19:22:02 ver1.1
tried at first with onboard BEC to power it up and thought that was the problem. now at 12v 2a external bec its the same

edit2: rebuild it again and now it works flawless dont know what was wrong. firmware would be great

Edit3: screenshot
Last edited by Raphi86; Jul 27, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Jul 27, 2018, 10:28 PM
Just another user...

Firmware Version 1.1 dated 25-Jul-2018

I asked Caddx for the updated firmware. Never heard back from them.

I asked Albert Kim if he coud provide a link to the Jul-25 version of the firmware. But he probably felt obliged to maintain a level of confidentiality while he was testing the firmware.

I managed to get it off a link provided by Gal Kremer. The link is in the description of his review of the Turtle...

Caddx Turtle FPV Camera - Part 1 - Overview (8 min 24 sec)
Last edited by dingrrcg; Jul 27, 2018 at 10:50 PM.
Jul 28, 2018, 01:34 AM
Quote:

I asked Albert Kim if he coud provide a link to the Jul-25 version of the firmware. But he probably felt obliged to maintain a level of confidentiality while he was testing the firmware.

I managed to get it off a link provided by Gal Kremer. The link is in the description of his review of the Turtle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5Q15VejVA&t=0s
Wow, thank you will try it today
Jul 29, 2018, 02:09 AM
FPV 28.07.2018 GS Lügde Caddx Turtle New Firmware Test (2 min 55 sec)
with the new firmware
EV -0.3
Last edited by Raphi86; Jul 29, 2018 at 02:14 AM.
Jul 29, 2018, 02:33 AM
Banggood have shipped mine now
Jul 29, 2018, 03:45 AM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Meatbeard
Banggood have shipped mine now
Snap 😃
Jul 29, 2018, 03:47 AM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphi86
https://youtu.be/5LvxiB-8DVA with the new firmware
EV -0.3
Raphi86 do you notice any latency in the FPV when flying?
Jul 29, 2018, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Teat
Raphi86 do you notice any latency in the FPV when flying?
Had the split2 before. Not comparable. Everything is fine with the turtle. Fpv is very nice. Didnt notice any lag... Flying is normal, as with every other fpv camera. Picture is clear, much contrast and looks great - > not like the washed out runcam picture. The only thing is, that i have to use ntsc, because the pal picture is cropped - > i have Black outer lines and the picture is much smaller. But. Ntsc is okay for me.... Ordered yesterday the second turtle
Jul 29, 2018, 06:26 AM
Just another user...
In addtition to the black borders in PAL mode, I also noticed a stepping in the FPV feed (a hesitation once/twice a second) in PAL mode when viewing in the goggles. But it doesn’t seem obvious in the recorded DVR footage. Doesn’t appear in the recorded HD video either.

All seems fine in NTSC mode.
Last edited by dingrrcg; Jul 29, 2018 at 06:38 AM.
Jul 29, 2018, 07:09 AM
KremerFPV
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5Q15VejVA&t=0s
Thanks for sharing my video :-)
I also uploaded a couple more videos - you can find them in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RJ-mt50K62EsYK
Flight footage and latency tests will be up in the next few days.
Jul 29, 2018, 10:58 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Start/stop video recording with BetaFlight Flight Controller

Has anyone done it? I suppose we have to hook up the camera board RX pad to FC TX pad, and the ground pads too, then pick the correct protocol of the respective UART. Do I select "Runcam Device" as the protocol? That's the only camera-related protocol available from the drop-down menu.
Jul 30, 2018, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the info everyone has posted. I’m going to use this on a fpvwra spec wing which is too weight/aerodynamically sensitive for a conventional hd camera. Looks perfect for the job and a step up on the split.
Jul 30, 2018, 03:13 AM
Actually one other question, can you confirm what lens is included?

Quick Reply