This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 01, 2018, 02:04 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

EPP Delta scratchbuild

Bought a few sheets of 5mm EPP foam and using one to build a delta wing with ribs and spars. I just like the idea of a wing having a frame of some kind. This is totally a design it as I go and it already has characteristics of that kind of build: adhoc structure, crooked cuts, dimples on the skin. But it should have a lot of lift and be very light.
I am using carbon fishing pole sections for the internal frame and 8mm epp foam for the ribs.
I plan on powering it with a 2206 - 1500kv motor tractor style.
It should light up nicely with leds inside.
It will have chord of about 53 cm and wingspan of 85cm.
Weight so far is 175 grams.
Should weigh about 12 to 14 ounces with 450in sq of wing area and WCL of 2.2 or so.

Working on elevons next. Will double the 5mm foam, add a carbon rod and laminate them. Heavy but since the motor is in the nose it doesn't matter.

Update: elevons done, tail cut - needs to be laminated. Then install servos, then figure out a motor mount, then install electrics, then final foam pieces, then fly. Unfortunately I have to go to Beijing for a couple of weeks so this project is on hold.
Last edited by FeiJi; Jul 03, 2018 at 09:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply