Jul 02, 2018, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Average for the quarter? Doesn't matter. What is the rate now?
Not 5000
Jul 02, 2018, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanscreen
Not 5000
That's false
Jul 02, 2018, 01:40 PM
Quote:
That's false
So are you going to publicly admit you are wrong when this week production isn't last week's ALMOST 5k/week? Do you understand what a burst rate is?

You do understand that Tesla needed more than 1 week to build 5k M3s right?
Jul 02, 2018, 01:41 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Quote:
That's false
I am far from a hater, and I would think that as someone close to committing to a $35,000 + purchase you are at least a bit concerned about the stunt type of atmosphere Musk is applying to the sober job of building a quality product.

By all reports, from the transfer of workers to man the line to the crazy tent production, no one can believe these cars will have great quality without a miracle - just to continue to play a publicity game with the media.

As someone with no money on the line, I can get into the cowboy attitude and can-do spirit of it all, but it is the last thing I would want if it is my cash on the line. I was in manufacturing for a long time, so pretending that untested lines and workers will just "come through" is not something I want to be wishing on anyone else's hard earned money either.

Taking these extreme measures makes it really really hard for his manufacturing engineering staff to really know what they have - quality is built statistically and it needs stability to have meaning. Jamming out 5000 cars without following the process is a stunt and distracts from what these people are hired to do.

Yes it is likely a good move for the high wire financing Musk is using to get to the promised land, and I love it from the outside, but it really keeps my money out until the dust settles.

I have also read that if you order and pay the next $2500, all your money is forfeit if you cancel after that.
Jul 02, 2018, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2
I am far from a hater, and I would think that as someone close to committing to a $35,000 + purchase you are at least a bit concerned about the stunt type of atmosphere Musk is applying to the sober job of building a quality product.

By all reports, from the transfer of workers to man the line to the crazy tent production, no one can believe these cars will have great quality without a miracle - just to continue to play a publicity game with the media.

As someone with no money on the line, I can get into the cowboy attitude and can-do spirit of it all, but it is the last thing I would want if it is my cash on the line. I was in manufacturing for a long time, so pretending that untested lines and workers will just "come through" is not something I want to be wishing on anyone else's hard earned money either.

Taking these extreme measures makes it really really hard for his manufacturing engineering staff to really know what they have - quality is built statistically and it needs stability to have meaning. Jamming out 5000 cars without following the process is a stunt and distracts from what these people are hired to do.

Yes it is likely a good move for the high wire financing Musk is using to get to the promised land, and I love it from the outside, but it really keeps my money out until the dust settles.

I have also read that if you order and pay the next $2500, all your money is forfeit if you cancel after that.
I heard that Tesla had decided it didn't need as many welds in the body. Did they revalidate their crash testing after that change?

I agree that it's crazy to think a thrown together production line using new procedures is going to produce reliably.
Jul 02, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
So are you going to publicly admit you are wrong when this week production isn't last week's ALMOST 5k/week? Do you understand what a burst rate is?

You do understand that Tesla needed more than 1 week to build 5k M3s right?
Oh so you are saying its not 5000 but we won't know till next week. Typical mean, trying to pass off something as fact that we do not know yet.
Jul 02, 2018, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
CFRA Research changed their rating to sell. Tesla missed deliveries in Q2 by about 10k (40,740 vs 51,000) and their average build rate was just 2k/week.
The analyst from CFRA has a less than stellar rating.

Quote:
Efraim Levy is ranked #1,041 out of 4,825 Analysts on TipRanks with a success rate of 68% and an average return of 10.3%. Levy has a long history of recommending to sell Tesla’s stock
:

https://electrek.co/2018/07/02/tesla...oduction-ramp/
Jul 02, 2018, 03:21 PM
I'd rather be Flying
https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/1/17...-target-missed

Quote:
Tesla just barely missed its goal of producing 5,000 Model 3 electric cars a week, according to Reuters, which says that the company reached the mark “several hours after the midnight goal,”
Jul 02, 2018, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Oh so you are saying its not 5000 but we won't know till next week. Typical mean, trying to pass off something as fact that we do not know yet.
See Dave's post above. Tesla didn't hit the goal despite an unsustainable sprint.
Jul 02, 2018, 03:48 PM
Quote:
The analyst from CFRA has a less than stellar rating.

:

https://electrek.co/2018/07/02/tesla...oduction-ramp/
Funny that you turn to Fred for support at a time like this. Of course Fred and co are going to make excuses and try to down play legitimate concerns that might hurt them financially.
Jul 02, 2018, 03:50 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
See Dave's post above. Tesla didn't hit the goal despite an unsustainable sprint.
and, assembling some by hand in a TENT. Just like every other car manufacturer, NOT
Jul 02, 2018, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
Curious question... Why did Tesla say they "factory gate[ed]" cars instead of just saying they produced them?
Jul 02, 2018, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
and, assembling some by hand in a TENT. Just like every other car manufacturer, NOT
But this is Tesla, they don't need to test a line. Just build the cars, call them gated then fix all the issues as "dealer inspections". Would any potential buyers on this forum knowingly accept one of these last day tent wonder cars as their very own?
Jul 02, 2018, 05:03 PM
I've assembled some nice cars by hand but never in a tent.

The last being this Camaro SLP.

Working under a tent is for clowns.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Jul 02, 2018, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Funny that you turn to Fred for support at a time like this. Of course Fred and co are going to make excuses and try to down play legitimate concerns that might hurt them financially.
Turn to Fred? Lol, are you attempting to falsify what I posted? If so the above is an attack the source fallacy. If not then it's your usual bs distraction attempt.

Quick Reply