Jul 02, 2018, 09:55 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I seriously looked at building an electric car. After looking at it for a year I saw it as a bad idea,

It's more of a look at me than it is anything else. If you go that way go big with a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.
this is quite possibly the silliest post in the thread. So a Ferrari or Lambo at roughly 2x the cost is a good comparison to a four door tesla?
Jul 02, 2018, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
this is quite possibly the silliest post in the thread. So a Ferrari or Lambo at roughly 2x the cost is a good comparison to a four door tesla?
Go easy on him. He's just mad that electric cars require little maintenance
Jul 02, 2018, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Here we go-

https://electrek.co/2018/07/02/tesla...iction-shorts/
Jul 02, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
No. The bears have been predicting bankruptcy not just not hitting deadlines. So no, they have not both been right.

Bandwidth?!! LOL, thats the new excuse for ignoring information you don't like?
Certainly you have internet at home? Did you watch it yet?

Yes, you posted a twitter post from 1 guy. His fund manager status is irrelevant to your attempt to pass off his experience as indicative of some larger quality issue.

Its brand new, CR projected reliability which is what they do with new cars without data. Like I said, car manufacturers that have been around for decades have quality issues and recalls. This is nothing new. Haters will always treat ANY issue at all as a make or break doom and gloom issue of course?

By the time "mainstream" buyers start buying the wait will not be so long.

I pointed out that you tried to attack Electrik with an opinion piece which was funny. Either what Electrik says is true or not, just like any other source and if you think it is, then show it.

Tesla is a BRAND NEW car company and this is a new model. Of course there are some issues. The S had issues as well but now the car has an above average rating from CR. Like I said, haters will latch onto any issue and blow it out of proportion.

Do you have the bandwidth to view it or are you just going to ignore it?

So you ignore sources like cnbc. Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along about your bias against Tesla. As for Electrek, if you want to claim something they posted is false then falsify it. Instead you just complain that they are biased which supports my claim about your bias.

It was so great he bought the company Tesla and solar city are a perfect match. Musk will run it much better.
The amount of negative projection in your post is impressive. Since you clearly have drunk the Koolaid, please find some sources that say the Solar City merger was good for Tesla vs was a bailout for a few.

As for your video, I'll make you a deal (which you will predictably refuse). I'll find an article about Tesla and you tell us why it's wrong. Once you do that I'll waist time trying to help you see the other side of your rose covered Tesla information fence... if Lambert will let you. Are you using his referral code?
Jul 02, 2018, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Currently the stock is down not up. Volatility can be a pain.
Jul 02, 2018, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanscreen View Post
The amount of negative projection in your post is impressive. Since you clearly have drunk the Koolaid, please find some sources that say the Solar City merger was good for Tesla vs was a bailout for a few.
Countering the haters is not indicative of drinking the koolaid.

Quote:
As for your video, I'll make you a deal (which you will predictably refuse). I'll find an article about Tesla and you tell us why it's wrong. Once you do that I'll waist time trying to help you see the other side of your rose covered Tesla information fence... if Lambert will let you. Are you using his referral code?
I started this thread and provided you with two links to reasonable information about Tesla, including one very successful investor talking about why he is bullish on Tesla. If you want to participate and have a reasonable discussion about Tesla rather than engaging in your usual negative doom and gloom fest, you can respond to the links. Ball is in your court.
Jul 02, 2018, 11:16 AM
Sharing lunch with Jonesy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
No, if you want to get looked at do it in a car that I respect. Not a sad toy that has limited use per drive.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Jul 02, 2018, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Countering the haters is not indicative of drinking the koolaid.

I started this thread and provided you with two links to reasonable information about Tesla, including one very successful investor talking about why he is bullish on Tesla. If you want to participate and have a reasonable discussion about Tesla rather than engaging in your usual negative doom and gloom fest, you can respond to the links. Ball is in your court.
I called it
You expect others to watch your videos but refuse to do the same. I've got some I'll post later with summaries.
Jul 02, 2018, 11:48 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
But can he maintain or increase that level? Looks like some will still have an 18 month wait for a car.
Quote:
Tesla produced 7,000 cars, including 5,000 Model 3 electric sedans, in the last week of its second quarter, CEO Elon Musk said on Sunday.

Tesla said in May that its net Model 3 reservations - accounting for new orders and cancellations - exceeded 450,000 at the end of the first quarter.

Despite touting the Model 3 as a $35,000 vehicle, Tesla has yet to begin building that basic version and instead is currently building a higher-priced version. It is not clear how many of the orders are for the higher-priced versions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/tesl...y-numbers.html
Last edited by Big Foot 48; Jul 02, 2018 at 12:02 PM.
Jul 02, 2018, 11:59 AM
CFRA Research changed their rating to sell. Tesla missed deliveries in Q2 by about 10k (40,740 vs 51,000) and their average build rate was just 2k/week.
Jul 02, 2018, 12:06 PM
Equinsu Ocha
You know, I have to admit the Teslas are some sexy cars, I see many where I live. However, the long term stability is not there until something major happens with fossil fuels or internal combustion engines. You can bear/bulls markets and conflate all you want, electric is not the equal to a combustion engine and for rural living and or people that commute many miles one way electric just ain't happening. Those I see driving Teslas here have them as toys, they have the money and it is a new cool shiny toy, nothing more. Maybe Tesla can survive as a company until one day things are different but for now Tesla is not the ICE killer.
Jul 02, 2018, 12:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
But can he maintain or increase that level? Looks like some will still have an 18 month wait for a car.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/tesl...y-numbers.html
Who has an 18 month wait?

The only thing that matters is can they get the production rate up and is the demand still there for the more expensive cars. The answer is yes to both of those as of now.

Those waiting for the standard range are willing to wait so that is not a problem.
Jul 02, 2018, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
CFRA Research changed their rating to sell. Tesla missed deliveries in Q2 by about 10k (40,740 vs 51,000) and their average build rate was just 2k/week.
Average for the quarter? Doesn't matter. What is the rate now?
Jul 02, 2018, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I called it
You expect others to watch your videos but refuse to do the same. I've got some I'll post later with summaries.
Where did I refuse to do the same? You are the one talking about bandwidth and "why bother?"
Jul 02, 2018, 12:52 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Quote:
Who has an 18 month wait?
The 450,000th person on the reservation list.

Quick Reply