Aug 24, 2019, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
There's just no privacy anymore! You want to take a little nap in your Tesla and somebody is pointing a camera at you! https://abc7.com/video-appears-to-sh...n-i-5/5488646/
This guy is stupid and will fill the death toll of Tesla stupid drivers.
Aug 24, 2019, 10:34 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nah, he wasn't asleep. He was showing off, pretending to sleep. Probably a pretty typical Tesla owner. Look at me, look at me!
Aug 25, 2019, 09:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
Nah, he wasn't asleep. He was showing off, pretending to sleep. Probably a pretty typical Tesla owner. Look at me, look at me!
So much hate and insecurity. Tesla really riles em up.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
So much hate and insecurity. Tesla really riles em up.
Though you might not like the irony of his post, you are forced to admit that the guy sleeping in his car is acting dangerously. He is a danger for himself and for the rest of the people. Yet to be fair we don't know whether he did it by purpose. Many people have highway accidents because they fail asleep. Then again many if not most of luxury car companies, now put systems that will awake you in case you fall asleep. On the other side, Musk call his system autopilot and communicates as if it was mature the result is many people get over confident in it.
This kind of difference, is probably one of the reasons why Teslas have 3X more fatal accidents than other luxury brands in the US. And I daresay this is encouraged by Musk's speech.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet
Though you might not like the irony of his post, you are forced to admit that the guy sleeping in his car is acting dangerously. He is a danger for himself and for the rest of the people. Yet to be fair we don't know whether he did it by purpose. Many people have highway accidents because they fail asleep. Then again many if not most of luxury car companies, now put systems that will awake you in case you fall asleep. On the other side, Musk call his system autopilot and communicates as if it was mature the result is many people get over confident in it.
This kind of difference, is probably one of the reasons why Teslas have 3X more fatal accidents than other luxury brands in the US. And I daresay this is encouraged by Musk's speech.
I’m not “forced” to admit anything. The guy was a moron. That has nothing to do with Tesla.
Aug 25, 2019, 03:45 PM
Quote:
I’m not “forced” to admit anything. The guy was a moron. That has nothing to do with Tesla.
So you admit the guy is a moron. This I can agree with.
I will go even a little bit further. Given the number of videos photos or fatal accident they prove people are letting autopilot drive uncontrolled, there is obviously an epidemic of stupidity in Tesla drivers, and in my opinion this epidemic comes from Musk’s speech.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:37 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
and everything to do with fElon.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:54 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
They're going to have to require sleeping sensors on all drivers on all car makes using the auto-pilot feature. Maybe a brief medical implant procedure at the dealership.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
So you admit the guy is a moron. This I can agree with.
I will go even a little bit further. Given the number of videos photos or fatal accident they prove people are letting autopilot drive uncontrolled, there is obviously an epidemic of stupidity in Tesla drivers, and in my opinion this epidemic comes from Musk’s speech.
Ridiculous, I “admit”? This was never in question. There are millions of miles of safe autopilot use. A couple of morons doesn’t prove it is unsafe, that it is Tesla’s fault and in no way supports your “epidemic” claim.
Aug 26, 2019, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Ridiculous, I “admit”? This was never in question. There are millions of miles of safe autopilot use. A couple of morons doesn’t prove it is unsafe, that it is Tesla’s fault and in no way supports your “epidemic” claim.
Unlike Musk claims Tesla’s are less safe than other recent luxury class. There are numbers that prove it. They are 3x more likely to have a deadly accident.

How many people have been proven or did we see having the autopilot without being behind the wheel or without looking at the road?
Aug 26, 2019, 07:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Unlike Musk claims Tesla’s are less safe than other recent luxury class. There are numbers that prove it. They are 3x more likely to have a deadly accident.

How many people have been proven or did we see having the autopilot without being behind the wheel or without looking at the road?
Morons are 3 times more like to have a deadly accident. Millions of safe miles under autopilot are driven by responsible drivers.
Aug 26, 2019, 10:33 AM
KK4NOP
Quote:

You are wrong. Post facts to prove otherwise.
Aug 26, 2019, 12:36 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Morons are 3 times more like to have a deadly accident. Millions of safe miles under autopilot are driven by responsible drivers.
So, it appears that Tesla drivers are 3 times more likely to be morons. Thanks for that.
Aug 26, 2019, 12:47 PM
KK4NOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
So, it appears that Tesla drivers are 3 times more likely to be morons. Thanks for that.
Drivers of all other types cars are 10 times more likely to be morons also. It's great to make blanket statements.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:16 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Drivers of all other types cars are 10 times more likely to be morons also. It's great to make blanket statements.
The first comparison was drivers of luxury cars of recent vintage. That is a distinct subset of drivers, wealthier, older, and more conservative (in behavior, not politically). That is a valid comparison.
Your 10 times takes into account all drivers of all ages and types of cars as well as drivers. That is an apples to oranges comparison and means nothing.

Quick Reply