Jun 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
Alert

new legend model boats kit

It has been seems a very long time since I have taken Xacto knife to wood to start a new kit project, and to this end I now post the first prototype build for the first of the new LEGEND Model Boat Kits. It has been a full six years since we were wiped out from hurricane “SANDY”, and along with on- going medical problems, have kept me from starting any new kit productions. The one good thing that kept me going was that with all that down time with the factory rebuild, it allowed me time to research and draw up the CAD programs for the new kits once we were back in business.

To this end I am posting the prototype build of the first kit to be released, Kit #712, the 16’ Outboard SKI boat, “Swish Blade”. This will be a 1/6th scale kit with a hull measuring 32” long with a beam of 13”. The model can be powered with any nitro motor to 7.5cc or brushed or brushless battery powered out board motor.

The M.A.C.K. Power package for the model, #PP712CE, contains the M.A.C.K./PROBOAT outboard motor #7020 with the water cooled brushless motor, M.A.C.K. one way water cooled E.S.C. #7186, battery “Y” harness #4004DXL, and motor mounting and servo hook up hardware along with water cooling hardware and tubing.

For your viewing pleasure as well as a look see at the new kit we will be releasing, I am posting the pictures of the prototype build along with a few running photos of the boat in action.
Last edited by frankg; Jul 01, 2018 at 09:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2018, 04:47 PM
Grumpa Tom
Yes!
Jun 30, 2018, 05:33 PM
RCTugger
VERY nice ! Any guesstimate on release date?
Jul 01, 2018, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Rctugger- The best guess is within the next two months. The things I still have left to do are finish the instruction booklet, take some more pictures for the labels, and construct the laser cut kit of the finished kit assembly.
Jul 01, 2018, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
This morning the wife and I took the new model of the 16’ SKI BOAT “Swish Blade” down to the lake for her first shake down run. The model not only looks good she runs great with some reservations.

As design the model is a modified shallow “Vee”hull bottom. Since there was a slight “Vee” on the bottom, I decided to try running the model without the turn fin mounted on the bottom.
Well the results of test running the model before going to market paid off in spades, or should I say DAGGER, as in TURN FIN's.

The model runs fine and tracks true in the straight a-way’s, but when turning the power has to cut to bring the model off plane to make a sharper turn. I had originally had designed the model to incorporate two turn fins and already built in the bottom backers where the turn fin mounts to the bottom of the hull.

Needless to say the model kits will now have two all brass turn fin's and hardware included in the kit.

Here are some pictures of the model with her bottom getting wet, first time out of the box. The one thing I can say is the model is very fast.
Last edited by frankg; Dec 06, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
Jul 01, 2018, 10:51 AM
Grumpa Tom
Looks awesome! Will the EP-1 outboard be suitable for it?
Jul 01, 2018, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
KMOT- the EP-1 outboard is being sold only with the 16 ½’ LYMAN OUTBOARD which will be the third kit release for LEGEND MODEL BOATS. This kit will be using the M.A.C.K./PROBOAT brushless out board motor setup with a water cooled brushless motor.

If you already have any kind of out board motor, you can just order the boat kit separately.
Jul 01, 2018, 12:32 PM
Grumpa Tom
Cool, thanks Rich.
Jul 02, 2018, 06:00 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Awesome fun looking little boat, brings me back to summer days hangin by the gas dock concession..Needs a Babe in the captain's seat.
Reminds me of another kit...a Glen-L 1:1 full size kit boat from the 60s a Glen-L Stilletto??
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Jul 02, 2018, 07:35 AM
Thread OP
Bob Caito- The Stilletto was the inspiration for the “Swish Blade” when I saw one at one of the boat shows that I attended. Another boat I would like to build a kit of one day would be the ARISTO-CRAFT TORPEDO, a really cool looking futuristic design.
Dec 06, 2018, 03:14 PM

lyman legend model

looking for any information dave email [email protected]
Dec 06, 2018, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
D blair-At the present time I am in the process of finishing up the prototype build of the LYMAN model to prove out the CAD drawings for the laser cutting. The only thing I can tell you now is the kit is slated to be released in the first quarter of 2019. As for information about the model I am posting the CAD two view drawing of the scale model with the information you are looking for.

By the way, that is a nice model of a mid steering LYMAN you posted. Is that a 15’ or 16’ and what year is it?
Dec 06, 2018, 09:18 PM

lyman

15' 1953 should have it my hands sat.
Dec 06, 2018, 09:21 PM

lyman

is lyman I have going to be a kit next year??? dave
Dec 07, 2018, 12:42 AM
Wow. Can’t wait for that Lyman. I’ll be ordering one.

Quick Reply