Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 27, 2018, 02:05 PM
Whoops!

Problem with Throttle input Scaling

So I have been building out this Dart 450 with Turnigy D3536/6 1250KV, 50 amp ESCs and 10" props..

Here is a picture of it all roughly put together

Im just getting through PID tuning of this thing so I can get it flying.. I've noticed that getting off the ground isnt my issue.. such a little amount of throttle input gets this thing flying... I'm beginning to feel my control/oscillation problems are stemming from the fact that such small throttle input is creating such a change in thrust..

I'm still pretty new to flying quads so I apologize if this is a stupid question..

Is there anyway for me to scale the throttle curve with the Vector? or am I supposed to go against the Vector manual and mix the throttle.. I feel even then it wont change the rate change that the vector applies to the motors.. I was reading HERE about Thrust PID scaling and I had trouble understanding most of it and how it applied to my situation..

How do I get this thing hovering? so I can start the process of fine tuning..

here is a copy of the program https://pastebin.com/cZdhNxcp
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply