Futaba - Coming Soon! - RC Groups

Futaba - Coming Soon!

What is the deal with Futaba? That is the question.

Splash

Coming Soon

I have heard multiple versions on what will happen with Futaba via the RC grapevine. I'm hoping to get an interview soon so if you have questions post them here.

Here is some text from the FutabaUSA site.

Dear Valued Customers, For many years Futaba Corporation’s Hobby Radio Control equipment repairs and customer service was part of an exclusive distribution agreement between Hobbico, Inc. and Futaba Corporation. During that time Hobbico’s “Hobby Services” was responsible for all of North America’s service and customer support based in Champaign, IL. In recent weeks with Hobbico Inc.’s sale and lack of service support on Futaba product, Futaba Corporation has begun work on a North America Futaba Hobby Radio Control Service Center based in Huntsville, AL. At this time, the service center is not able to make repairs yet but we hope to be fully operational in the upcoming weeks. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and are moving as quickly as we can to resume offering a great service center that is equipped to service all products and offer expert technical support on all your favorite Futaba RC products.

If you are faced with an immediate question requiring technical advice, contact us here.

If you have an item in need of repair, visit our Repair Center.

We will make an official announcement when the North America Futaba Hobby Radio Service Center is ready to take repair and warranty requests. We look forward to working with all our fantastic customers directly from Futaba!

The Site

Head over to the FutabaUSA site to join their email list for more updates.

Jun 27, 2018, 03:15 PM
Admin Deluxe
I'm in contact with Nick Maxwell and we are going to put a feature together. Please add any questions you have here.
Jun 28, 2018, 12:34 PM
When will the CGY760 be available? Is the NEW site, the best place for future Futaba purchases.
Jun 28, 2018, 12:41 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
When will the CGY760 be available? Is the NEW site, the best place for future Futaba purchases.
No idea on the new gyro, although I would be surprised if that was not among the very first shipments since Nick Maxwell was heavily involved in the development of the CGY760.

In addition, while I am sure that Futaba will have numerous retail outlets I know they intend to sell directly as well. Hopefully it will not be too much longer before we know all the details.
Jun 28, 2018, 05:37 PM
Team Futaba
Futaba USA just went live with a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FutabaUSA/

The FB adverse need not worry, the full Futaba USA site will be and running fairly soon.

Nick Maxwell posted on the FB above that they are shooting for mid-July to go live now!! The wait is almost over!!
Jun 28, 2018, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the update !!!
Jun 28, 2018, 07:57 PM
Please find a distrubutor, I love Futaba.
Jun 28, 2018, 08:15 PM
I’ll accept buying direct as well. I order most of my hobby supplies online , because my LHS doesn’t carry the products I use.

I would be comfortable ordering my Futaba products direct from the new website
Jun 28, 2018, 10:53 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442dave
Please find a distrubutor, I love Futaba.
I think you misunderstand. Futaba USA IS the distributor. They will sell to other retailers, LHS, etc. They will also sell direct to customers. They are saying that things should be up and running around the middle of July.
Jun 29, 2018, 08:38 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
I think you misunderstand. Futaba USA IS the distributor. They will sell to other retailers, LHS, etc. They will also sell direct to customers. They are saying that things should be up and running around the middle of July.
The challenge is that most LHS's only deal with the big distributors. That's really HH and maybe Hitec now that Hobbico is gone.

The LHS's with a strong Futaba userbase, or who are large & already deal with small distributors, will carry Futaba, but most LHS's will no longer have a reasonable source for Futaba unless Futaba USA gets their product into one of the big channels.

This isn't unique to Futaba. All the radio vendors except Spektrum and Hitec have this challenge. That's why their availability is so patchy at the LHS level. Futaba is one of the two vendors who probably are big enough that a decent number of LHS's will actually invest in carrying them anyways (FrSky being the other)
Jun 29, 2018, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to Futaba being here in Huntsville. Nick is a good guy and I think this is a step in the right direction for Futaba. I am looking forward to the interview on here.
Jun 29, 2018, 10:28 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
The challenge is that most LHS's only deal with the big distributors. That's really HH and maybe Hitec now that Hobbico is gone.
As far as I know, Futaba is planning on doing all of their own distribution, right down to the LHS level. Futaba Corporation is a large company with deep roots in doing their own distribution. They did it for years before getting into bed with Hobbico. I would be very surprised if they looked for "another large distributor" to handle their products.
Jun 29, 2018, 11:02 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
As far as I know, Futaba is planning on doing all of their own distribution, right down to the LHS level. Futaba Corporation is a large company with deep roots in doing their own distribution. They did it for years before getting into bed with Hobbico. I would be very surprised if they looked for "another large distributor" to handle their products.
Actually, it looks like they aren't. Just was pointed at this announcement on facebook:

https://www.futabarc.com/contact.html

Looks like HH will keep the distribution/sales side of things.

That's a good thing, because no matter how big Futaba is outside of RC, they simply don't have the footprint in the North American market to distribute to the smaller LHS's who only deal with HH and maybe Hitec.
Jun 29, 2018, 11:29 AM
S.A.D. member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Actually, it looks like they aren't. Just was pointed at this announcement on facebook:

https://www.futabarc.com/contact.html

Looks like HH will keep the distribution/sales side of things.

That's a good thing, because no matter how big Futaba is outside of RC, they simply don't have the footprint in the North American market to distribute to the smaller LHS's who only deal with HH and maybe Hitec.
That's an old announcement made when HH took over what was left from Hobbico/GP.

IMHO Futaba will lose the little market share they have left in the US and Canada if they go exclusively through Horizon. HH has their own brand and competing with it is not in their best interest.

Ivan
Jun 29, 2018, 11:51 AM
Send me all your product....ill distribute..i don't want any Transmitter that isn't Futaba...maybe there are better, maybe not,....dont care...my dad flew futaba since the beginning and Futaba is all I've owned with no plan to jump ship...never lost a plane to 'lockout'

Quick Reply