Flight Comp "Da Box" Transportation and Storage System

Last month I wrote an article asking how you guys store and transport your models and there were some great custom home built boxes and systems shown. There weren't many production options, but FlightComp has been working on a cool solution to store and transport models with.

Splash

New Storage Box Coming Soon

Last month I wrote an article asking how you guys store and transport your models and there were some great custom home built boxes and systems shown. There weren't many production options, but FlightComp has been working on a cool solution to store and transport models with.

The "Da Box" is a semi-rigid box system that allows you to safely store F3K planes, F5J/F3J wings and anything else that will fit inside. The walls have a plastic insert that creates a rigid box structure to protect the contents inside from crushing. You can unfold the box flat when not in use and store it out of the way, which is a great feature. The box has padded walls, a divider, pockets for parts, a zippered top flap for easy access and handles for carrying the box. It holds around 5-6 F3K planes with single piece wings. The internal dimensions are 270mm x 270mm x 1540mm. Other sizes may be available in the future. The "Da Box" will be available next month in various colors at a price of less than $200. Check out the video below for more details.

See the Flight Comp Da Box Transportation and Storage System Here

Jun 27, 2018, 04:00 PM
I'm buying one for my Eagle 3.6 RESe! Been hunting for a while now
Jun 27, 2018, 06:54 PM
Team Futaba
I have an early prototype that Ali had. I can easily put 3 or 4 sets of 4 meter wings in it. The fuses are too long, but that's OK with me. I normally don't put those in bags anyhow. I lay my wings flat in the carrier instead of standing on edge. Makes for a very stable carrier.
Jun 28, 2018, 08:17 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
This popped up in my YouTube feed just before this article appeared. I think Ali has a winner here. I'm waiting to see what the final price will be for this guy. I really like the ply boxes we've been building (see the other article Jason mentions) but if this can fit the fuses along with wings and I can get a couple Xplorers in there then this will something I use for traveling to the various FL and Southeastern contests.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Jun 28, 2018, 09:20 PM
Wayne Wimbish
No more cardboard boxes for me!

This is a "must have."

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Jun 29, 2018, 12:23 PM
It's a very thoughtful design. Lately if I have to bring a lot of models I use a cardboard box. Great because it keeps falling stuff from dinging your toys, not great when you need to put it somewhere when you're done with it. Not only does this box work, it looks durable, and it stores flat when you're done.
Jun 29, 2018, 02:27 PM
Excellent design.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Jun 30, 2018, 11:10 AM
Looks good for car transportation. How it would hold up to TSA or FedEx? Those guys are pretty tough on cases.
Jun 30, 2018, 12:47 PM
RCG Admin
Not recommended for airline travel or shipping.
Jun 30, 2018, 06:10 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Just needed this for car travel and shop storage.

Several years ago, 2hrs after paying Mike Seid $1k for his Polaris, I dropped a lawn chair on the wing and delammed it, all because I did not have a good box.

This was just what the doctor ordered.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Jul 02, 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Exactly, I never intended this for airline travel/tsa etc... although you could put a coroplast box or something similar inside of it.
Jul 04, 2018, 09:06 AM
I have a couple of these boxes from Ali to test out for him, great for transporting F3K models to and from the flying fields, provides a piece-of-mind that these delicate models won't bounce around and get damaged. Once on the field, you can open these boxes up by all sized and it serves as a cushion table top when I need protection from a hard surface when putting models together.

The best part is you can take them out of the car/truck/van and put them in your favorite storage location and stack these boxes on top of each other.

Yes, Ali has a winner here!!!

I'm looking forward to having more of these designs come out in different colors so I can categorize my models by the box colors, just my OCD kicking in
Jul 05, 2018, 08:21 AM
RCG Admin
Man I will have to get me one of these. Would also like one long enough to put a J plane fuselage in as well. It's just nice to have the whole plane packed up together in one box.
Jul 06, 2018, 01:34 PM
I'm not the pivot man
I expect this is one of those 'if you make it they will come' items.

I would prefer a case that held the fuse as well. A case that holds two F3j fuse and wings and a case that holds two to three 2m F3-RES fuse and wings would be ideal for a lot of folks I suspect.

I don't even care if they fold flat or not as I would use these for storage in the house.

Quick Reply