This thread is privately moderated by mwhidden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 25, 2018, 12:32 PM
MA, USA
Thread OP
Build Log

Mark's Models Wanderer (1976 Balsa Glider Kit) - Part 3

Balsa sheeting the left wing is completed. I used pins to hold the sheets tight to the wing frame while the glue set.

Right wing assembly is also complete know. I built a sanding tool from a scrap piece of spar with some sandpaper glued to it (on the recommendation of a member of my local RC club) . It works well for making adjustments to the depth of the spar cutouts on ribs. I also found it helped if I need to detail sand a high spot down to level. The un-papered part of the spar could rest on the reference surface, registering level, and the sandpaper would bite the high points only until things were leveled out.

I've also glued on the wing tip blocks and began the process of shaping them to match the airfoil shape.

Finally, I discovered a new way to extract pins from their container.
Last edited by mwhidden; Jun 25, 2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added image captions.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply