Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Micro 3D Printed Flying Wing

While browsing on Thingiverse this weekend I came across a nice looking micro flying wing that I wanted to share. It looks like it would make a great easy project for a printed plane if someone didn't want to start with something larger and more complicated.

Splash

Flying Wing for V911/F949 Receiver Bricks

While browsing on Thingiverse this weekend I came across a nice looking micro flying wing that I wanted to share. It was posted in February and has racked up a ton of likes and it looks like it would make a great easy project for a printed plane if someone didn't want to start with something larger and more complicated.

The micro wing is designed around using either the V911 or F949 receiver bricks that have built-in servos. The wing has a span of 400mm (15.75") and can be printed on a printer with a 200mm build plate. It's nice that you don't need a massive printer to make this one. The designer covered the wings in packing tape, but a low temp laminate might work too if you can shrink it without getting the printed parts too hot. It's just so cool that you can print something that actually flys well and the fact that it was designed with the free TinkerCad design program makes it that much better.

Check out the Micro 3D Printed Flying Wing on Thingiverse

Keep up with the latest on the main discussion thread here

Jun 25, 2018, 11:15 AM
Existing thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ed-flying-wing
Jun 25, 2018, 12:45 PM
RCG Admin
Thanks, this is a News Article though that gets seen in more places than just the forum section. I'll add the main discussion thread to the article.

Quick Reply