Sharknado...a simple profile design prop in slot shark plane - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 10, 2018, 05:38 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo42
Can you put a measurement on there for scale?

EDIT: nevermind, I see it is DTFB, so I assume you are using all of the 30" length
100 % scale will fit on two sheets of dtf. Just discovered 138 % will fit on two HK 28 X40 sheets. The drawn lines on the plans are a little squiggly since I'm using a 20 year old program and mouse to draw them.
Also I've done some more adjustments but haven't tested the fitment yet...deleted and reposted the new ones Sunday or Monday night.
Adjustments included moving motor forward a little, increasing the ws...just a little, don't want to add too much and take away the shark look....to hopefully increase lift, and also added a little to the tail h-stab.
Last edited by Timbo383; Jul 10, 2018 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2018, 07:33 PM
skumgummi dave
Waiting for your next test flight and report...

Dave-
Jul 10, 2018, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamdave
Waiting for your next test flight and report...

Dave-
Well, the curent one is somewhat too light and I have to wait for a calm day for testing. Weather forcast for this week....storms, then some more, followed by even more. Good news is I printed out the updated plans at 138 % to fit the HK foam and I'll have a 4 footer ready hopefully by the time these storms stops and the wind will not much of a problem at the larger size then also. But between work, honey do's, and my inability to stick with just one build it may take a couple of weeks. And maybe I'll get lucky and the adjustments I made will help also with the flight.
Jul 10, 2018, 08:22 PM
I did add a little bit of extensions to the wings for more lift and also shimmed the motor up angle...up, since it is centered on the chord... in hopes to push the nose down. I could be wrong on that one.
Jul 11, 2018, 02:02 PM
skumgummi dave
Timbo:

I meant to ask you what kind of paint you used. I think it looks great.

Dave-
Jul 11, 2018, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamdave
Timbo:

I meant to ask you what kind of paint you used. I think it looks great.

Dave-
Thankyou, but honestly, it was very old spray cans that spurted and splattered and gave it that look. It was all accidental. The top half is flat black in large patches, bottom was from a 20 year old car paint can of reddish brown....that one really just barely spurted out...and then I top coated with a light spray of a good can of gloss black. Also, I used up that old flat black can on the initial job, that's why the wing extensions are off color.
Last edited by Timbo383; Jul 11, 2018 at 04:32 PM.
Jul 11, 2018, 10:08 PM
skumgummi dave
Well, It was just what the shark needed. Fancy schmancy! Very shark like...

Dave-

Quick Reply