Jun 24, 2018, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Driving through water. No start next day

My first nitro, so I take it out for a run through puddles and mud after a rain storm. Next day it won't start. It's a Savage 25. I understand that if water got into the carb but wouldn't that purge with fuel? I cranked it while putting my finger on the exhaust hole even until fuel came out. Tried a new glow plug. Glow plugs lit nicely and no air in the line. It ran flawlessly the day before until it ran out of fuel. The water wasn't even as deep as the bottom of the chassis. The throttle works good.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2018, 09:57 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
If theres water in the crankcase, it will douse the plug. Pull the glow plug and turn the truck upside down and crank the engine making sure the crankcase is clear. Once cleared out and glow plug is clean and dry, check the glow plug to ensure it lights up good. Fill fuel tank, prime the carburetor with fuel, and try starting it as you normally would. Once the engine fires, keep the glow plug heated and run the engine around a bit to ensure the crankcase is cleared of any leftover water or excess fuel. Remove glow driver and re-tune the engine as normal.

Quick Reply