This thread is privately moderated by ww2collector, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 13, 2018, 06:30 PM
AMA 72859
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1VrV2
Jeez... Just walk away and stop RANTING!

Your turning this whole "overpriced-thing" into a personal insult!

Its not!

It's been going on for generations. In EVERY sector of the economy!

I'll say this again.

If you don't like the price, JUST PASS ON IT!

YOU as the buyer bear a certain amount of responsibility to do your homework and not make impulse buys.

Ever heard of the Latin phrase "Caveat Emptor"?

Its been around for years. It literally means "let the buyer beware" and applies to everything you buy.

YOU MUST be responsible to know what it is you are buying and what its worth. If the seller wants way too much, he's fishing.

I never said pay too much. Where did I say that? You guys quoted my statement. A couple of times! I do realize many members expect the "good ol' boy" discount here on RCG. If you get that good on ya!

Otherwise, the guys who have uber rare kits and planes or parts will ask top dollar on Feebay...and get it.

The "old guys" who now have funds to purchase stuff they could not get when they were younger now have that disposable income to obtain it.

If you can't or don't want to spend the dollars, THEN DON'T!

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what it is...

Oh yeah...Not taking this too seriously as this horse has been beat to death many times before...Yup. Its dead!

You are waaaaay too bitter- Mr. Economics Major. This whole thread started as a way to laugh at morons who think there are other morons out there dumb enough to buy their crap at 3 times market value. You are absolutely right. The market will dictate value...and we will continue to laugh at the morons who post ads for ridiculous prices. They have the right to waste cyber space posting them, and WE have the right to waste cyber space mocking them. Anyone who owns their own business will tell you that the way to make money is to bust your butt and work the long hours that other's cry about. Making a living by ATTEMPTING to screw other people over is just pathetic and laughable!
Last edited by ww2collector; Jul 13, 2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spell
Jul 13, 2018, 09:20 PM
Mongo like wind. Wind Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
You are waaaaay too bitter- Mr. Economics Major.
Bitter?

Bitter about what exactly?

Just because I don't like the way some guys (and you know who you are...) sending harassing pm's or e-mails to these ridiculous "overpriced" guys on line...well if that makes me bitter, so be it.

Its dumb and a waste of time.

I see the overpriced items on-line as well and just move on.

But then again there are folks that just like complaining...
Last edited by V1VrV2; Jul 14, 2018 at 03:06 AM.
Jul 14, 2018, 08:47 PM
Mongo like wind. Wind Good.
Look, we are all good Joes here.

Those of us that have respectable trader ratings have proven themselves. Please keep your emotions in check when dealing with sellers that are priced off planet. I have found out MANY of them just don't know what it is they are selling and start high on price because of that. DO NOT assume they are con-men. Those guys ask for Friends and family and gift payments. Some goods on Ebay show up as auction locker fodder and they price it based on innacurate knowledge. You DO NOT need to harass them with nasty e-mails. Maybe send them a respectable text. Use your knowledge to help them.

If they are scammin' then let them have it with both barrels!

I'm with you guys. I'm not the enemy. We love models and building and HARD WORK.

Just don't assume anything as the base of sellers on Feebay is VERY wide. Some have NO CLUE as to what the stuff they are selling is worth.

I have to fly my Pitts Special today. Its perfect for that!

Jul 19, 2018, 02:21 PM
Gentle Lady kit...$406 + shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Goldbe...sid=m570.l1313
Jul 19, 2018, 03:02 PM
Go Gondos
I'm telling ya,, the only explanation is Money Laundering
Jul 20, 2018, 06:21 PM
AMA 72859
Thread OP
It's only money laundering if someone is dumb enough to actually buy something at 3x market value. In response to other comments.....Who is going to pay $800 for a $200 Platt Spitfire, or $800 for a $280 Pica Bucker Jungmeister. Don't you think for a minute that these sellers don't know what these kits are worth. I'm just going to keep on laughing at these dumbass listings. Apparently I'm not the only one.
Jul 26, 2018, 09:26 PM
FL, Sanford
Del
Last edited by Wrecking Ball; Jul 26, 2018 at 11:52 PM.
Oct 01, 2018, 07:06 AM
Go Gondos
I call your spit and raise you a Corsair

(same seller)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Flite-F....c100752.m1982
Oct 02, 2018, 08:45 AM
Lone Star Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
The price is due to it being an extremely rare biplane version of the Spitfire (sellers description).
Oct 02, 2018, 11:13 AM
AeroDan
I’ve found a few treasures on Evil-Bay, and although I haven’t dealt with them in over 12-years, I think the offer for the Lot of “Ketchup Packets” w/starting bid of $3.00 was the best I’ve ever seen.
Nov 06, 2019, 06:33 AM
Certified Airplane Nut
This thread has been quiet, but I saw this today and had to post it in case anyone was still following:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/P-51-MUSTAN...4383.l4275.c10
Nov 06, 2019, 06:40 AM
Go Gondos
LOL,, Broken House of Balsa AT-6
Nov 10, 2019, 10:12 AM
AeroDan
A packet of In-N-Out Ketchup. $4.99 shipped.
Nov 12, 2019, 10:25 AM
I will not comply
I saw this one recently.

Quick Reply