Nov 27, 2018, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid
Not with the stock prop, but there are two ways to get around this. Use a shorter/courser prop or go to a three blade folder.

Here's a vid of a 3m FlyFly fox doing a ground takeoff (at 1:00):

https://youtu.be/2bQabW3RkVI
The flyFly is quite different. (I have seen it) - it is much higher off the ground.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2018, 12:22 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
I have launched from the ground with my Flyfly Fox using the stock prop.
Dec 02, 2018, 04:33 PM
Hoping some of you guys that have these flew this weekend...really looking forward to the flight reports!

I too am interested in it, but I'm curious as well as to its actual soaring capability. I really hope that at its weight it will allow for enough momentum to do what I've seen videos of some full scale gliders do. It's really cool when they put the glider south, gain a good bit of speed, and then do a low pass over the runway followed by a pull up to an altitude that allows them to go around and then land. Amazing how efficient they are. With this model I'd be satisfied if you can pull up, do a half roll, and then simply turn around and bring it in in the opposite direction without having to hurry it.
Dec 04, 2018, 12:39 PM
unboxing video :
FMS FOX 3000MM UNBOXING By: RCINFORMER (21 min 24 sec)
Dec 04, 2018, 01:10 PM
If Horizon owns FMS why don’t they carry the whole line including this fox?
Dec 04, 2018, 01:16 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Horizon does not own FMS. Horizon agreed to be part of FMS's distribution network. Some Horizon branded planes are made in the same factories as FMS though. They have a relationship, but it is not a matter of Horizon owning them.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Dec 04, 2018, 01:17 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Looks nice. I hope that shipping damage to the horizontal stab is not something going to be seen on a lot of them. One of the turtle deck windows need to be mounted to the fuse better... it ts front end is sticking up into the slipstream.
I have an XT60 to XT90 adaptor somewhere that I can use too.
Dec 04, 2018, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace
If Horizon owns FMS why donít they carry the whole line including this fox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Horizon does not own FMS. Horizon agreed to be part of FMS's distribution network. Some Horizon branded planes are made in the same factories as FMS though. They have a relationship, but it is not a matter of Horizon owning them.
Check the HH website Thursday...it may be on there then...or one Thursday here pretty soon. I work at a local Hobby Shop and it has been on their dealer website for about two weeks. Says they will have then in the warehouse on 1/7/2019. With them that far out they may not be in a hurry to post them on the customer website. You can go to your LHS and get them to order one and probably get a little better of a deal.
Dec 04, 2018, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Thanks for the education! My facts were wrong! You canít believe what you hear even from friends.
Dec 05, 2018, 09:19 AM
Burning & Turning
Having watched the video, Iím impressed by the design. I only slope soar and the ease of assembly is a winner for me!
Dec 05, 2018, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have/see a concern with hand launching a 10lb plane?
Dec 05, 2018, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace
Does anyone have/see a concern with hand launching a 10lb plane?
Yes - absolutely!
Dec 05, 2018, 03:18 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Not at all
Dec 05, 2018, 03:50 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Not at all. What worries do you have?
Dec 05, 2018, 03:58 PM
If you can raise a 10 lb. bag of potatoes over your head with one hand, launching this thing shouldn't be a problem. By the looks of the power on this plane, it should rip out of your hand with ease if you give it good throttle.
I have 3 superb sailplanes (Mystique RES, Radian XL and Bird of Time). All are well powered and require very little "chucking". Just hold them up, angle them a little upwards, power on and let go with a gentle push up and forward and off they go.
I like this plane because it's big and powerful. I don't believe it will be a good sailplane (a plane that thermals and can gain altitude easily with no power, float and hang all day). By it's name, it's a "glider". Under zero power, it will fall unless you're sloping in good wind. Then again, with these huge batteries on board, it should be able to stay up for a very good piece of time under low to moderate power. I think it'll stay up well with sailplanes but it won't "float" or have good hang. It'll blast past other sailplanes like they're standing still.

Quick Reply