Oct 19, 2019, 10:01 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Don't use spektrum for the test and you prolly won't get shot down.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2019, 10:47 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Don't use spektrum for the test and you prolly won't get shot down.
Makes sense to me.....
Oct 20, 2019, 04:54 PM
That is not entirely impossible either..... Spektrum versus, whatever else.
Many brands use the same, or same basis, RF IC stuff in them. BUT you can implement that item (IC etc) differently. Siightly, even fractionally, differently. So there is room for a 'range; of results, even if they use the exact same RF IC etc.
Then if they use a different brand, or model/version RF IC etc.....

So 2.4GHz RC is not 2.4GHz RC across all brands... or even their own individual items.
Again, one Spektrum item (RX in this case really) COULD use another RF IC etc.... and thus be a bit different result to another model they have.
In all 'normal' specs they could test to be the 'same'.... with actual differences being 'unseen', until a certain RF case is actually encountered.
Whether their Selectivity (Other freq rejection) says X, for both, or not... one can still act different under duress.

To test these things (towers ) truly fully, you would need to test brands.... and RX models....
Any test YOU do with one of yours, is only fully valid for THAT brand/model.

But if it is a really 'bad' case.... super strong, swamping etc... then a reasonably good chance it would still affect them ALL.
But you can't know that 100% until DONE/tested....
Oct 20, 2019, 05:16 PM
That thing almost hit me
An example.......
Oct 20, 2019, 05:56 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
It's quite clear from Tahoed pics that spektrum is the problem
Oct 20, 2019, 06:43 PM
That thing almost hit me
Clearly.....
Oct 21, 2019, 04:53 PM
The 'better' channel hopping is a great thing to have... but useless against RF swamping....

I think OTHER aspects of the RF system in FRsky stuff is also better (Sensitivity, Rejection) thus why they have WAY less reliability/link issues than Spektrum. For MOST cases it is not important either way (to be just good, or great).... but when your plane crashes due to an RC/RF problem then it WAS important in your specific case...
So, best to raise the odds in your favour.
Oct 22, 2019, 03:51 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
It's quite clear from Tahoed pics that spektrum is the problem

....and if it was on Control Line, none of this would happen!
Oct 22, 2019, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailhigh

Oct 22, 2019, 04:40 PM
Dinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailhigh

I'd find a way!!
Oct 27, 2019, 06:39 PM
Dinosaur
Put the revamped Fox up this morning, using rear fuselage, all electrics/electronics and both wings from the unexplained dive into the paddock 2 weeks ago. Went well. BGL-AP needs recal, otherwise the 8min flight in blustery conditions went well.
Today, 01:46 PM
Retired CAD guy
U-control Slope soaring ! ?

Now that is thinking out of the box
or off the edge if it's a sharp slope !

Quick Reply