RCG Place of the Month - Grave's RC

This month's featured Place is Grave's RC located in Orlando, FL. Grave's RC is a family run business with more than 50 years of hobby experience.

Splash

RCGroups June Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Grave's RC located in Orlando, FL. Grave's RC is a family run business with more than 50 years of hobby experience. The store opened up in 1991 and they have been in the same 7500 sq ft location since 1996. They have it all with over 27,000 items and the knowledge and expertise to make sure you get what you need. If you are in the area, you need to stop by and check it out, there's over 350 planes hanging from the ceiling as well as helis, cars and boats on display. It's is a hobbyists paradise. You can also shop with them online at their website https://www.gravesrc.com/.

Check out the Grave's RC Places Page

Graves RC Hobbies (1 min 17 sec)

Jun 22, 2018, 09:05 AM
What, Me Worry?
Graves RC is my local hobby shop, and I love it! Has everything I need in stock and at mail order prices. I feel very fortunate that it is located nearby, and it is one reason that I do not relocate. Seriously.
Jun 22, 2018, 11:42 PM

love ordering from these guys

Just wanted to say how much ordering from you is a true pleasure, you folks really are the best at what you do, Thank you.
Jun 23, 2018, 08:08 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
The best!!
Jun 23, 2018, 04:16 PM
Yes
Grave's is also my home shop. It is the best!

Tourists visit it when they bring the family to the Parks!

I've had modelers from Europe contact me to help them buy one of the hanging models.
Jun 23, 2018, 04:25 PM
I was there in 1999 when I came down for the NAMBA Fast Electric Nationals in Sanford.

It was definitely a great place! Doesn't look like much has changed. Keep up the good work!

Andy
Jun 23, 2018, 09:05 PM
I live in NC, but whenever I visit my son in Winter Park, FL, I see the good people at Grave's. They are courteous and know what they are talking about. They have nearly everything. Anderson RC is my local shop, but Grave's is like Anderson only in Orlando.

John
Jun 23, 2018, 10:32 PM
not a circle flyer
found Graves back in the 90s while on business trips, great shop !
Jun 24, 2018, 12:26 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I travel a fair amount for work and I make sure to visit Graves every time I am in the Orlando area. A great hobby shop.
Latest blog entry: Event planning for 2018
Jun 24, 2018, 02:05 PM
Or current resident
I'm about a 2 hour drive from there and make the trip at least once a year. A visit to both Graves and Skycraft is well worth the trip. All the good hobby shops around here are gone now. We still have a couple, but they are just a showroom for the latest plane in a box. Graves is the real deal!

Glenn
Jun 24, 2018, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glewis
I'm about a 2 hour drive from there and make the trip at least once a year. A visit to both Graves and Skycraft is well worth the trip. All the good hobby shops around here are gone now. We still have a couple, but they are just a showroom for the latest plane in a box. Graves is the real deal!

Glenn
What is this "Skycraft" place of which you speak?

b
Jun 24, 2018, 06:57 PM
Or current resident
Love that place. I've been going there since the late 70's, back when I started racing rc cars. Was the best place for bearings , magnet wire and stuff.
Jun 24, 2018, 07:03 PM
I've used Graves RC some & they are a great company.
Prices are competitive & I would buy more from them, but shipping charges on small items is too high.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
Jun 24, 2018, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
I've used Graves RC some & they are a great company.
Prices are competitive & I would buy more from them, but shipping charges on small items is too high.
Not taking up for them just moreover that I suffer from a ridiculous memory and I recall someone saying that if you call them to place the order that shipping was negotiable in that they'd ship it for the lowest possible rate.

I've not confirmed this though.

Just food for thought.

b
Jun 24, 2018, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Not taking up for them just moreover that I suffer from a ridiculous memory and I recall someone saying that if you call them to place the order that shipping was negotiable in that they'd ship it for the lowest possible rate.

I've not confirmed this though.

Just food for thought.

b

Did that once, but don't like the hassle of doing that.
Also, didn't know what that lowest possible rate was prior to paying.
Seems like they could come up with reasonable shipping charge choices, the same way other companies do.
Don't no how much that would benefit them, but I would buy more, if I didn't have to call to get reasonable shipping charges.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2

Quick Reply