Jun 21, 2018, 07:17 PM
Suppressed
Help!

desperate, Throttle failsafe setup

brand new setup on vector with a Taranis and ezuhf. i set my radio failsafe already with the throttle trimmed all the way down. then trimmed it back to center and started running the RC wizzard in the vector software but when it gets to the end is says the throttle failsafe settings are incorrect and must be at least 5% difference. im running PPM if that matters at all. I've tried everything i can think of. and im setting the throttle failsafe just like ezuhf says. "set controls where you want them and i trim the throttle all the way down then hold bind/failsafe button for 2 seconds till it beeps". Can someone please dumb this down for me what the hell am i doing wrong???????
Last edited by Metallicgraph; Jun 21, 2018 at 07:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2018, 07:54 AM
Hello,

PPM does not matter. For whatever reason the difference between your throttle off position and your failsafe throttle position is not enough. I know you said you set it correctly but I have no idea why the EZUHF is not putting out the correct failsafe position. If you can't get it figured out open a support ticket and provide your config file. But first, test without the long range system, using a normal RX. It is tough for us to troubleshoot issues like this with all the possible configurations with long range systems.

Regards, John
Jul 22, 2018, 01:32 PM
Having the same issue with Taranis and ezuhf using ppm. I am brand new to both ezuhf and vector, but I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I can get to accept the throttle positions now, but in order to do so my throttle value on vector config is at 10% minimum and 100% max. Is this going to mean that with my throttle the whole way down, my motor will still be getting 10% power?

In order to get this far, I enabled extended limits and trims on the taranis. Then raised the lower limit until it read 10% in the gui. I could not get it to read a negative value, which is what I expected.
Last edited by 0higgins0; Jul 22, 2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Update
Jul 23, 2018, 09:21 AM
Hello,

If you are using the throttle position method for failsafe, you will need to trim your throttle all the way down, set failsafe for the throttle channel in your radio, trim your throttle back to normal and then re-run the RC Wizard. If you are using the mode switch method you will need to place the mode/submode switches in the RTH position and set those switch positions for the failsafe for those channels and then re-run the RX Wizard. See section "5.12.1 Configuring Failsafe Detection" in the manual for details.

Before relying on failsafe and return to home , you must be absolutely sure your failsafe is working correctly. The biggest cause of return to home not working is not having failsafe set correctly. You must understand how to set failsafe correctly in your radio. Many radios do not allow channels above the main 4 (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) to be set to failsafe. In this case you must use he throttle failsafe method. Be sure you test failsafe by connecting the Vector to the software (props OFF!) and turn off your TX. You must see the Vector report "In Failsafe Now YES" on the RC Configuration page when you power off your TX. If not, you do not have your failsafe set correctly. Testing RTH in the air with the mode switch does not indicate that your failsafe is set correctly.

If you can't get it figured out open a support ticket and provide your config file. But first, test without the long range system, using a normal RX. It is tough for us to troubleshoot issues like this with all the possible configurations with long range systems.

Regards, John
Sep 26, 2018, 09:33 PM
same problem as in post 1

Quick Reply